How do I become a dog trainer?

I have recently decided in a career path and being the dog lover that one is, I find it fitting that I should train dogs for a living.I have my own, a German Pointer called Albert who is very very dear to me. I firmly believe I train him very well. I…

I have recently decided in a career path and being the dog lover that one is, I find it fitting that I should train dogs for a living.I have my own, a German Pointer called Albert who is very very dear to me. I firmly believe I train him very well. I…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do I become a dog trainer?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I become a dog trainer?

How do I become a dog trainer? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have recently decided in a career path and being the dog lover that one is, I find it fitting that I should train dogs for a living.I have my own, a German Pointer called Albert who is very very dear to me. I firmly believe I train him very well. I have installed fear into him since an early age and even standing up makes him flinch and cower. He certainly knows who is master is.

How do I become a dog trainer? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Well you just start taking your stick to them. that will impress your neighbors enough to hire you. Plus in the UK it might get you put in jail as their laws are more stringent then those in the US.

• Judging by your second paragraph I don't think you should become a dog trainer but if you are really serious about becoming a dog trainer you need to enroll in a dog trainer class. I would suggest going to animal behavior college.com for more information. Here is the link: http://www.animalbehaviorcollege.com/default.asp?id=401&type=GoogleAdWordsSearchGood Luck! :)

• It's all bribery and corruption now in the world of dog training and tip toeing round the dog's delicate psyche, so there really would be no demand for your "training".I don’t think it is in your stars to be a dog trainer!