How do I stop my dog gulping his food? I will choose best answer!?

My dog always eats his food really fast and I can never see him properly chew his mouthfuls. But don't get me wrong, I dont stand next to him watching him eat. I just happened to look, I also have a cat, but she's vever near when he eats so the reason…

My dog always eats his food really fast and I can never see him properly chew his mouthfuls. But don't get me wrong, I dont stand next to him watching him eat. I just happened to look, I also have a cat, but she's vever near when he eats so the reason…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do I stop my dog gulping his food? I will choose best answer!?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I stop my dog gulping his food? I will choose best answer!?

How do I stop my dog gulping his food? I will choose best answer!? Dogs Training Discussions
      My dog always eats his food really fast and I can never see him properly chew his mouthfuls. But don't get me wrong, I dont stand next to him watching him eat. I just happened to look, I also have a cat, but she's vever near when he eats so the reason can't be fear. Once he was sick after his food, and you could see all of the pellets, they weren't chewed much! This can't be healthy, please help!The pellets are very small, and I have a weimaraner. He has been sick more than once, but its not an occuring thing.

How do I stop my dog gulping his food? I will choose best answer!? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Dogs are not designed to chew. They are designed to tear off pieces of flesh and swallow. If you look at their teeth, none of them are designed for chewing anything. I recommend you get a slow feed bowl to slow down his eating. Or, you can feed him out of a Kong Wobbler.

• ur dog wants to finish quick because he wants to do something else like u at a bouncy castle would u stay there no!!!! so feed him lots and hell stop and make time to feed him mine are 9am-2pm-5pm-8pm at 8 leave him lots it works

• it is normal somewhat for dogs not to chew their kibble ... and it he only threw up once after eating, it probably is not an issue ... you could try smaller meals throughout the day ... you can try those bowls designed to slow down fast eaters (that did not work with one fast eater i had) ... you can also add water to the kibble making it more like soup/stew and that can also slow them down ... and you can also make sure the kibble is an appropriate size for your dog ... if you have a small dog, be sure the kibbles are small ...

• Buy a food dish for him that are designed to make fast easters slow down. http://www.1800petmeds.com/+Slow+Feed+Non-Skid+Dog+Bowl+Medium-prod11321-11321.html?AFFID=GG&ID=608808857&creative=16652252546&adpos=1o3&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CJjauKDJtrYCFVSVMgodrRIA3Ahttp://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=19445&cmpid=01csegpl&ref=6111&subref=AA&CAWELAID=525379971&catargetid=1570178656&cagpspn=pla

• If you throw the food on the floor and spread it out - the dog will naturally slow down. You can use this trick if the dog gets aggressive with his food too - can't be aggressive if the food it spread out. And there are serving bowls that also do that.