How do your triain your dogs to be "good boys" and not bite people?

I have 3 new puppies that were born just last last week. Now, I want them to be very good dogs because I really fear being bitten.How do I make them "love" meor at least "respect" me? Lol.

I have 3 new puppies that were born just last last week. Now, I want them to be very good dogs because I really fear being bitten.How do I make them "love" meor at least "respect" me? Lol....
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do your triain your dogs to be "good boys" and not bite people?...

• How do your triain your dogs to be "good boys" and not bite people?

How do your triain your dogs to be "good boys" and not bite people? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have 3 new puppies that were born just last last week. Now, I want them to be very good dogs because I really fear being bitten.How do I make them "love" meor at least "respect" me? Lol.

How do your triain your dogs to be "good boys" and not bite people? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Can't do anything at one week old.They will begin to learn bite inhabition from dam and littermates in the last few weeks. After that, it is entirely dependant on the amount of training you give them.

• Well they are very young right now, but I would suggest training at two months, basic commands, sit, stay, and others that you like but you need lots of patience and time to work with your dogs, I trained my dogs with treats and it workedRemember puppies need to be entertained so training in a fun way will make them work harder and learn faster

• Start a puppy training class at 10 weeks. They are not very trainable before that. Many pet stores, vets, and private individuals offer classes. They are very valuable. I took puppy classes at Petsmart. They have been worth every penny. If you are strapped for cash, at least buy a dog training book and training treats. Dogs are happier when they know what is expected of them.

• Umm, training when they get older? When they're still young, they're going to "nibble" you since they're teething. If ur talking about when they're older and not like bite as in "chomp" bite (:D), then ur supposed to train them. If they're adolescents or adults, not teething, and biting ppl then they're pretty much being aggressive. You gain their respect by being their "pack leader". You show them that ur the boss and not them by being firm, not mean and evil to them. Oh, and as long as ur not some evil stepmother to them, love is unconditional!Y are u scared of little puppies biting u?! lol.

• They can not be trained for a few weeks yet. After the eyes are open and they are getting around wait a few more weeks . Dogs really are not trainable untill 6 weeks. that does not mean just let them chew on you but do not expect them to learn untill they have been weaned atleast.

• ok don't touch them right now ,only to change their bedding,They can't even see you right now,they are to young to trainleave the poor things alone till they are about 6 weeks old,thats when if they bite or nip,you can say no firmly,or make a grunt noise...or ouch noise..

• http://www.leerburg.com/pdf/Training%20Puppies%20Not%20to%20Bite.pdfThis article explains why a puppy bites & will teach you how to stop a puppy from biting. The pups are very young right now but in a few weeks you will need to start correcting the biting issue.

• Show them while they are little that you can do whatever you want to them and that you know what you are doing. Hold them a lot, play with their feet. If they are going to be big dogs don't let them jump on people when they are puppies. If they are little you can decide if you want to let them jump or not. Good Luck.