How can I get my dog to quit barking at the tv screen and mirrors?

My dog will go nuts when she see's reflections in a mirror or the tv when it is shut off. How can I help her to get over this?

My dog will go nuts when she see's reflections in a mirror or the tv when it is shut off. How can I help her to get over this?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How can I get my dog to quit barking at the tv screen and mirrors?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I get my dog to quit barking at the tv screen and mirrors?

How can I get my dog to quit barking at the tv screen and mirrors? Dogs Training Discussions
      My dog will go nuts when she see's reflections in a mirror or the tv when it is shut off. How can I help her to get over this?

How can I get my dog to quit barking at the tv screen and mirrors? Dogs Training Discussions
    • My dog was doing that for a while, until i read this dog training book forget what its called, but if you put you hand around its 'snout' and press your thumb where the dogs hair and nose meet lightly, but hard enough to let them know they've been bad and say no in a loud stern voice.

• Well, I guess your dog may be seeing ghost but she's probably barking because she sees another dog and she doesn't know its herself. You can go on the Internet or hirer a dog trainer (they do help a lot) But I had a dog like that once and she eventually got over it but it did get annoying.I would everytime she barks at it dont yell but just say no bark while holding her collar and evertime she walks by it without barking, give her a treat.

• Instead of the advice to teach the dog it is 'bad' or 'misbehaving', try some patience to teach the pup that it is just a mirror. Use a hand held mirror and show it to your dog, then place some tasty treats on the mirror to make the dog want to interact with it. He/she will soon learn there is nothing to fear. Good Luck!