How to train your dog to stop biting other dogs?

My 1 yr old Chihuahua is very fearful of other dogs and will snap at them if they get close. She barks and growls a ton when it comes to dogs. But with humans its another thing; she is very submissive to humans and licks/plays with humans. I'm so…

My 1 yr old Chihuahua is very fearful of other dogs and will snap at them if they get close. She barks and growls a ton when it comes to dogs. But with humans its another thing; she is very submissive to humans and licks/plays with humans. I'm so…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How to train your dog to stop biting other dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to train your dog to stop biting other dogs?

How to train your dog to stop biting other dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
      My 1 yr old Chihuahua is very fearful of other dogs and will snap at them if they get close. She barks and growls a ton when it comes to dogs. But with humans its another thing; she is very submissive to humans and licks/plays with humans. I'm so confused because its like a light switch when it comes to other dogs. When they approach her she snaps at them and runs. I need help or some tips on what I should do. I want to take her to dog parks and walk her more but its getting difficult. Thanks!

How to train your dog to stop biting other dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Chihuahuas are not known to be the calmest and easy going dogs as it is. They have what I call "the napoleon syndrome". They are tiny and they don't realize it and are naturally very nervous dogs. If he/she is biting other dogs its probably out of fear not aggression. Try her with dogs her size first and make sure they aren't young crazy hyper pups either. Being as tiny as he/she is,one day she's gonna snap at the wrong doggie and you'll find yourself standing there wondering "hey,where'd my dog go??" Goodluck.

• You should make sure that your dog or the other dog is on a leash. Your dog should not be playing with really big dogs at first, because she might get intimidated by its size. If your dog is on a leash, make sure that you are not pulling her leash, it will get aggravated.

• You can't. She has a poor temperament so a dog park is no place for her. Keep her on leash during your walks. When a little dog like that has a fear aggression problem usually *they* are the ones that end up getting hurt.

• It is your responsibility to keep other dogs away from your dog.And it’s especially unfair to ask your dog to stay in a submissive position.If a strange dog approaches her You must keep her away and stay calm.Till the other dog try to attach her.You must train her to obey your word.If she is in your control you can manage other things.http://www.k9korralsrq.com/