How can I get my puppy less scared and nervous?

My puppy is very friendly to everyone, but he always runs when he hears a loud noise. He doesn't bark or growl, he just seems scared of everything.My puppy Schism is scared of everything a wild rabbit in the grass a few yards away, people with their…

My puppy is very friendly to everyone, but he always runs when he hears a loud noise. He doesn't bark or growl, he just seems scared of everything.My puppy Schism is scared of everything a wild rabbit in the grass a few yards away, people with their…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How can I get my puppy less scared and nervous?...

• How can I get my puppy less scared and nervous?

How can I get my puppy less scared and nervous? Dogs Training Discussions
      My puppy is very friendly to everyone, but he always runs when he hears a loud noise. He doesn't bark or growl, he just seems scared of everything.My puppy Schism is scared of everything a wild rabbit in the grass a few yards away, people with their hoody hoods over their heads. Not so much power tools or what not, just every little thing.

How can I get my puppy less scared and nervous? Dogs Training Discussions
    • what is he scared of? what kind of noise? let say its the washer machine.... get the puppy and walk him on a leash or take him to the washer machine when its off... a few times give him a treat say good boy what not. Then turn the machine on get him near it (being careful not to push it u might end up traumatizing him) and give him a treat say good boy or get him exited and happy around the washer or the vacuum or whatever it is. Also remember he is just a puppy. If he is afraid of kids or skateboarders or something like that its a good idea to be around that environment not take him away from it because he is scared...also when he shows fear dont tug on the leash and get tense cause the pup feels it... dont say its okay.... dont be omg poor baby u know don't do that because your feeding his fear.

• My dog was scared of the sound of power tools when he was a puppy. He would get scared and try to hide.The worst thing you can do is coddle your dog when he's scared. When you coddle the dog, you are telling it that there is a reason to be scared.You have to do the exact opposite. You have to do the "Peacock Walk". Whenever your dog gets scared, you have to stand up with your head held high, shoulders back, and fists on your hips. Then you want to walk around looking for the noise as if you were the greatest thing on earth. This sends the message that there is no reason to be afraid to your dog. It sounds stupid, but it works.By the way, not only is my dog not afraid of loud noises, he now likes to follow the vacuum cleaner and likes to sit right in the path of my lawn mower.