What can I do if my bully mix puppy is getting more and more aggressive towards everyone including me?

recently my now 10 month old puppy has been barking at my 2 yr old son and even snapped at me when I tried to put him in the next room. Is this something that is correctable or should I start looking for a new home for him?

What can I do if my bully mix puppy is getting more and more aggressive towards everyone including me?

recently my now 10 month old puppy has been barking at my 2 yr old son and even snapped at me when I tried to put him in the next room. Is this something that is correctable or should I start looking for a new home for him?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : What can I do if my bully mix puppy is getting more and more aggressive towards everyone including me?...

• What can I do if my bully mix puppy is getting more and more aggressive towards everyone including me?

What can I do if my bully mix puppy is getting more and more aggressive towards everyone including me? Dogs Training Discussions
      recently my now 10 month old puppy has been barking at my 2 yr old son and even snapped at me when I tried to put him in the next room. Is this something that is correctable or should I start looking for a new home for him?

What can I do if my bully mix puppy is getting more and more aggressive towards everyone including me? Dogs Training Discussions
    • It is correctable but you need to take behavioral classes ASAP! Anyone owning a bully breed should do this from when they are small puppies! In fact anyone owning a dog should!

• Yes shes right, training needs to start as soon as possible. this may just be a dominate dog and if it is then there are small things you can do at certain times to make a HUGE difference. like if you have toys laying around all the time for the dog, the dog may think that those are its toys which give him possession.Then you can just give him his toys when your playing with him..when your done, take the toy back where he cant have access to it. There's many things you can change to completely fix theaggressionn problem. watch an episode of the dog whisperer with Cesar Millan.

• Training, training and more training.Be committed to it and you will be rewarded with a great dog.First of all, you are the boss, not your dog and he needs to learn this asap. Everything that your dog wants or needs has to be on your terms. Remember that your dog is the lowest member of your household pack and should always stay that way.Please contact a good trainer asap or at least look up some dog training sites on the internet and start as soon as you can.Start with the basic commands if your dog doesn't already know them. I use a choke collar with my dogs and they are only little. It helped enormously and you don't need to use it where you are yanking the heck out of them. Quick short pulls is enough to correct your dog without causing any harm.The number one thing you need to do through the training is to bring up the respect that your dog should have for you as the boss and that includes your spouse or any other adult in the house. Training will accomplish this.Remember, a dog without guidance and leadership will make it's own mind up about everything and you don't want that because the dog will start displaying very bad behaviour and you will have huge problems on your hands.As your dog is still quite young, you will definately have success with training. It's not too late to start now. You can even incorporate some treat training with the collar and leash training and remember to reward the good behaviour and punish the bad behaviour. Start with 2 x 10 mintute sessions per day and build it up from there. Do not ever yell at your dog or make it fear you. This is not the aim of training an animal. Always praise your dog for doing good and get really excited about it so the animal is happy to get your praise. Lots of "good boy, good boy" and pats and scratches so he knows he is doing a great job. Your dog will soon realise what makes you really happy and will want to please you more and more.Look at what your dog is doing that's bad and turn that around to train it to do what you want it to do.When I train with my dog, her total focus is on me and she hangs on my every word. She is so eager to do good and get a pat or a treat that I believe I could teach her anything. You can do this too and it's also very rewarding for you, as an owner to have a wonderfully behaved dog.Go for it, it's not very hard to invest just a few minutes a day. Best of luck to you.

• you should never give up on a dog. maybe you should be more aggresive towards him. you should take him to dog school or something. my mom wants to give away my dog but she has feelings to. dont give up on him/her.