How can I get my puppy to stop JUMPING on everyone?

Goodness... We have an Australian shepherd/blue Heeler puppy named Bandit. He is cute, but he is growing bigger and bigger each day and he still jumps on us when we go outside. We have tried thumping him on the nose and saying NO, kneeing him in the…

Goodness... We have an Australian shepherd/blue Heeler puppy named Bandit. He is cute, but he is growing bigger and bigger each day and he still jumps on us when we go outside. We have tried thumping him on the nose and saying NO, kneeing him in the…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How can I get my puppy to stop JUMPING on everyone?...

• How can I get my puppy to stop JUMPING on everyone?

How can I get my puppy to stop JUMPING on everyone? Dogs Training Discussions
      Goodness... We have an Australian shepherd/blue Heeler puppy named Bandit. He is cute, but he is growing bigger and bigger each day and he still jumps on us when we go outside. We have tried thumping him on the nose and saying NO, kneeing him in the chest lightly when he jumps, but he still won't stop. Any tips?

How can I get my puppy to stop JUMPING on everyone? Dogs Training Discussions
    • LOLThe methods you are using are probably either annoying or amusing your pup. Both those breeds are way too smart for silly physical corrections that mean nothing to a dog.If you want the pup to stop jumping up, turn your back every time he does it and leave him alone. He will get the idea quite quickly, probably in about a day, that he doesn't get your attention or company unless he keeps all four paws on the ground. The key here is consistency from the handlers.If you are using these old methods for training other behaviors, you are in trouble. Find yourself a trainer who specializes in the herding breeds. Cattle dogs and Aussies generally have no respect for trainers who have to use physical corrections to get what they want. My Cattle Dog would give it right back atcha! My Aussie would become a submissive peer from stress and fear of more corrections.These are eager to please breeds. Find ways to tap that breed trait!

• my heeler puppy does the exact same thing when i walk out of the door he jumps up so i walk back inside and wait until he sits down he stays still until i am completely out then he jumps up again so i go back inside after 2 or 3 times he gets the idea