How do you train puppies from barking at every little thing?

I have two 10 month old puppies (Bichon-poodles) and they are barking when no one is at the door or they hear a noise in the house. Its so annoying. Any suggestions how to stop them?

I have two 10 month old puppies (Bichon-poodles) and they are barking when no one is at the door or they hear a noise in the house. Its so annoying. Any suggestions how to stop them?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do you train puppies from barking at every little thing?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you train puppies from barking at every little thing?

How do you train puppies from barking at every little thing? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have two 10 month old puppies (Bichon-poodles) and they are barking when no one is at the door or they hear a noise in the house. Its so annoying. Any suggestions how to stop them?

How do you train puppies from barking at every little thing? Dogs Training Discussions
    • it will take a while but you can get an empyt soda can and fill it with pennies and shake it at the dogs everytime they bark ( i know this may sound wierd and or annoying) but once they figure out that your going to do this every time it will get to the point where if you start to reach for the can/cans they will stop barking and if they do...shake it at them again untill all you have to do is look at them.....i know this works because i purchased a 5 year old shi-tzu and we thought he couldn't be traind...we used this method and now we're worried if he can even bark at all haha...good luck!!ps! and be sure to always praise you dog with a pet, or play with them, or give them a treat! try not to punish your dogs everytime they do something bad, then they tend to fear humans

• Teach them to speak. Then they'll know when it's ok to bark. That's what I have been told. I'm training with Paul Owens, and my golden retriever is only 6 months so I'm dealing with issues too.