What should I check for before adopting a pug puppy?

Hi i am going to adopt a pug puppy this week. I need advice on things related with health certifications and other health related or anything other things which I should look for when adopting a pug pup. I am located in Kerala, India.

Hi i am going to adopt a pug puppy this week. I need advice on things related with health certifications and other health related or anything other things which I should look for when adopting a pug pup. I am located in Kerala, India....
    General Dog Discussions : What should I check for before adopting a pug puppy?...

• What should I check for before adopting a pug puppy?

What should I check for before adopting a pug puppy? General Dog Discussions
      Hi i am going to adopt a pug puppy this week. I need advice on things related with health certifications and other health related or anything other things which I should look for when adopting a pug pup. I am located in Kerala, India.

What should I check for before adopting a pug puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • according to a book i bought almost 2 years ago about dogs and puppies and even things about them you should examine the following1. a healthy puppy with a good temperament is happy to be picked up. It should not be in pain, and its body should feel firm but relaxed2. Lift the ear flaps to inspect the ear canals, which should be dry, clean, and free from crusty, scaly or sticky deposits and discharges.3.gently part the lips to examine the puppy's tongue, gums and teeth. the tongue and gums should be pink4. the eyes should be clear, bright and free from discharges, tears , cloudiness or opacity. the dog should be able to keep its eyes wide open without over excessive blinking ( to test for this, gently pull skin over eye a little) or you can also observe the puppy's eyes. Avoid a puppy that paws.5. run your hand against the grain of the coat and inspect the skin for sores, scaliness or black dust that betrays the presence of fleas6. look under the puppy's tail to ensure that the anal area is not stained by liquid stools, this is clear evidence of diarrhoea