How many pounds should a Lab be gaining a week?

I have an 8 week old Labrador puppy (a male.) I got him when he was 7 weeks old, and he weighed 12 pounds. It's been over a week since I got him, and he weighs 17.5 pounds. Is this normal? I feed him one cup of Eukanuba Naturals in the morning, and one…

I have an 8 week old Labrador puppy (a male.) I got him when he was 7 weeks old, and he weighed 12 pounds. It's been over a week since I got him, and he weighs 17.5 pounds. Is this normal? I feed him one cup of Eukanuba Naturals in the morning, and one…...
    General Dog Discussions : How many pounds should a Lab be gaining a week?...

• How many pounds should a Lab be gaining a week?

How many pounds should a Lab be gaining a week? General Dog Discussions
      I have an 8 week old Labrador puppy (a male.) I got him when he was 7 weeks old, and he weighed 12 pounds. It's been over a week since I got him, and he weighs 17.5 pounds. Is this normal? I feed him one cup of Eukanuba Naturals in the morning, and one cup at night. He has fresh water all day as well. How many pounds should I expect him to gain per week?

How many pounds should a Lab be gaining a week? General Dog Discussions
    • Two cups a day is what I feed my 5 year old dog(he is 55 pounds). You should feed him a cup through the day - at most. You need to be very careful with Labs, as they tend to become overweight very easy and it's hard to get off!