Does taste differ with breed of the dog?

My question is a little confusing, not quite sure how to word it...My dog is a picky eater. She is a Poodle/Schnauzer mix. I'm wondering if she will prefer tastes/foods that other Poodles or other Schnauzers prefer as well. I'm deciding what formula of…

My question is a little confusing, not quite sure how to word it...My dog is a picky eater. She is a Poodle/Schnauzer mix. I'm wondering if she will prefer tastes/foods that other Poodles or other Schnauzers prefer as well. I'm deciding what formula of…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Does taste differ with breed of the dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does taste differ with breed of the dog?

Does taste differ with breed of the dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      My question is a little confusing, not quite sure how to word it...My dog is a picky eater. She is a Poodle/Schnauzer mix. I'm wondering if she will prefer tastes/foods that other Poodles or other Schnauzers prefer as well. I'm deciding what formula of ToTW to get her. She's not a beefy muscled dog...so I figure the high protein one wouldn't be ideal. She's a small, extremely(!) fast, high energy dog. Would the formula depend on the breed?ToTW-Taste of the WildI straying from Wellness because of the white specks people have found in the food and have assumed them to be not completely ground fish boneWith Taste of the Wild there are three different formulas-different ingredients(Wetlands, Pacific Stream, Prairie). I'm wondering which is ideal for my mixed girl.

Does taste differ with breed of the dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Yes it does actually, well not taste, but what type of foods they can eat... certain breeds care to eat things and can digest them better than other breeds.A Perfect example of this is seen in my 2 dogs... our Alaskan malamute eats salmon, shrimp(when we let him!) and other types of seafoods like tuna. Usually in Wellness wet food form but sometimes in actual fish form... Our boerboel CANNOT tolerate this stuff, he's eaten it before, and gets sick.. diarrhea and vomit or just sick in that he wont eat his next meal and tends to be sluggish. The reasoning here is that the Malamute for thousands of years, ate whale, salmon, fish... etc. in the arctic. The boerboel hails from South african plains where there isnt any fish... so it's not evolved to handle it as easily. So in this respect, food types matter to dogs. Taste not so much, they dont taste their food like we do, but WHAT they can eat does vary by breed.What is ToTW? I feed wellness dry food and wellness wet food mixed into their kibble. It works really well, is of very good quality and they love the taste. Try Wellness.Add- oh ok, I know what ur talking about now... I feed my 3 cats Prairie cat food. I havent had any problems w Wellness and my dogs love their "topper" cans as a special treat from time to time mixed into their dry.