American Pit Bull Terrier Vs. English Mastiff?

Not a fight so If that's what you expected, leave!Ok. So I've wanted a Mastiff for years now. I've decided I'm ready to get one. There are always American Pit Bull Terriers in the local Humane Society, though. I think It would be great to adopt and save…

Not a fight so If that's what you expected, leave!Ok. So I've wanted a Mastiff for years now. I've decided I'm ready to get one. There are always American Pit Bull Terriers in the local Humane Society, though. I think It would be great to adopt and save…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : American Pit Bull Terrier Vs. English Mastiff?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• American Pit Bull Terrier Vs. English Mastiff?

American Pit Bull Terrier Vs. English Mastiff? Dog Breed Discussions
      Not a fight so If that's what you expected, leave!Ok. So I've wanted a Mastiff for years now. I've decided I'm ready to get one. There are always American Pit Bull Terriers in the local Humane Society, though. I think It would be great to adopt and save one of them. Thing is, the place I live in doesn't want me to bring in "Pit Bulls," Rottweilers, Akitas, or Chow Chows. I've seen Chow Chows in my neighborhood, though. What should I do? I'm not going to do anything about the Chow Chow because It's well taken care of. If I adopt one from the shelter would It still be listed as an American Pit Bull Terrier? What about an American Staffordshire Terrier? Please help as I think It would be great to give a "Pit Bull" another chance at life. No dog deserves to be treated the way they are, and I really feel bad because I feel that no one will adopt them If I don't, just because of their breed. I've wanted a Mastiff though, too. Forever! I can't get both, though.Please Help! Can you please answer all my questions? I'd really appreciate It.Thanks in advance! Happy Holidays!I'll ask again!HarryB: Thanks for your thoughts. Thats all I'm asking for.Tryin' Again: I'm not trying to be rude, but please don't talk if you don't know. I want peoples thoughts. Not a lecture from someone that doesn't know anything about the breeds I asked about or dogs in general. Thanks, man!

American Pit Bull Terrier Vs. English Mastiff? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I think it would be a really good thing to adopt a unwanted Pit Bull but if you are not allowed one where you live it is probably best not to get one as you may find yourself having to re home it again. Do you rent or own your own home? Could you not rescue a Mastiff?They are really laid back dogs and i'm sure you would be able to find one that needs a good home. Talk to your local re homing centre anf they may be able to help you.There is a website in the UK called Dogsblog and i think there is a USA one. Google it. They have dogs listed who need rehoming.I would say go for the Pit Bull but i would be really concerned about people where you live insisting you can't have it there! Maybe you could find a Pit Bull cross? then technically it isn't a pure Pit Bull!P. sThere is such a thing as an English Mastiff as my friend has one called Winston! He was a rescue dog and he is the coolest, softest most friendly dog ever! He is so so big and weighs 85 kilos and eats 2 huge bowls of food a day. Very good choice in dog. I am thinking about getting a Boerboel which is an African Mastiff. Yuo should check them out.

• Well what kind of Mastiff were you looking at and English Mastiff (yes they are real), a German Mastiff, French Mastiff, Neopolitan Mastiff, Bullmastiff, Tibetan Mastiff, Spanish Mastiff, Pyrenean Mastiff, the regular mastiff, or a Brazilian Mastiff, I know there is alot of different types, and yes they are all real, they are all different also. Go to this site, it is a great site and it will give you so much information of the mastiff breeds.Getting a Pit would be excellent but if it would hurt your chance of being able to live where you are at I would not chance it, Get a dog right now that you know is allowed there, and then later on when you move on when the rules change save you a wonderful pit.