Why do people post when they have no clue what they're talking about?

I'm getting a pembroke welsh corgi, and her nose starts off pink and then turns black as she gets older. One person told me all dogs are born with what color nose they're going to have their entire lives, and another person said they change colors with…

I'm getting a pembroke welsh corgi, and her nose starts off pink and then turns black as she gets older. One person told me all dogs are born with what color nose they're going to have their entire lives, and another person said they change colors with…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why do people post when they have no clue what they're talking about?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why do people post when they have no clue what they're talking about?

Why do people post when they have no clue what they're talking about? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm getting a pembroke welsh corgi, and her nose starts off pink and then turns black as she gets older. One person told me all dogs are born with what color nose they're going to have their entire lives, and another person said they change colors with the seasons!!! Why do people post when they have absolutely no clue what they are talking about? Also, why do people post without reading the entire question? Discuss!

Why do people post when they have no clue what they're talking about? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Because they think they are instant experts on dogs, when they are really just little 10 year olds rambling on about nothing.Dogs' noses do NOT change colors with the seasons.. wow that made me laugh. xDI only answer the question if I know what I'm talking about or if I have helpful advice for the asker. For example, I am not going to go and answer a question about genes because honestly, I have no idea. But I will go and answer a question about, say, raw feeding, or a specific breed, because I know what I'm talking about in that area.

• Well, the person who said they change color is right.Dogs noses can often be pink when they are young and the pigment fills in as they get older.However some dogs may always have pink on their noses, it's all in the genetics.When you have been posting/reading YahooAnswers for a while you will learn who the knowledgeable people on here are.add - umm sorry mutt but they can change color with seasons. Some dogs get what is called "snow nose" this is when a dog with a black nose can change color, usually to brown over winter months. It doesn't happen to all dogs but there are certain breeds prone to it.ADD - Don't bother MamaBas, apparently no-one believes us from the TD's

• Different breeds do different things... the Wiemaraner (spelling) is another breed whose nose starts off one color and changes (often to a liver color) in adulthood. SOme people know about their breed, or a certain group, and know little to nothing about other breeds and groups. Simple as that. I myself am a molosser, working breed owner and have a good knowledge of these dogs, but I honestly dont know too much about a Pembroke Welsh corgi. Just as you probably arent too familiar with the South African Boerboel or Caucasian Ovcharka. To each their own.

• Actually, the colour of some dogs noses can, and does, change with the season. In the UK it's called Winter nose, and in N.American, Snow nose (it happens with my own breed - so there!!)I agree there is a lot of misinformed information flying around here (and people don't read either), but it's up to the questioner to sift through what seems to make sense, and what blatantly doesn't!! This isn't the only place to find answers to almost anything these days either.Add - "Technically called "hypopigmentation" (or snow nose, winter nose) it results from loss of sunlight, and causes the nose to fade to brown in winter; normal colour returns as summer approaches. Snow nose occurs mainly in light-coated breeds; the colour change can become permanent in older dogs. It is not associated with disease" - taken from one of the several websites on the subject - Google it.Oh so do bring on the TDs.

• Some people don't realize that each breed is different. My dog's nose changes color with the seasons. It loses pigmentation in the winter because of the lack of sunlight and turns more pink. "winter nose or snow nose". Once summer rolls around and they are getting more exposure to the sun it turns black again. This is common in Maltese, poodles, bichons and probably some other breeds as well.I think some people just think they know what they are talking about. I feed my dogs raw so I get a lot of people telling me my dogs will get salmonella. They just haven't done the proper research but it is a common misconception. The best you can do is try to educate.

• some dogs do have noses that change with the seasons.. its called "snow nose" or "collie nose".. as its often seen in collie-type breeds. Someone with a working dog may opt to have the nose tattoo'd so that it stays black, to prevent sunburn.Most puppies, you can expect the pigment to fill in, but that's not always the case either.. yes some pups can indeed just be born with a pink nose, that may never turn black.