Questions about dogs in the heat and traveling?

My family is going down to florida at the end of this month. My friend is staying at my house and taking care of the dogs for us, but I'm bringing one with me. How do I make sure she doesn't get too hot?She's a 6lbs spaniel mix. She was born blind and…

My family is going down to florida at the end of this month. My friend is staying at my house and taking care of the dogs for us, but I'm bringing one with me. How do I make sure she doesn't get too hot?She's a 6lbs spaniel mix. She was born blind and…...
    General Dog Discussions : Questions about dogs in the heat and traveling?...

• Questions about dogs in the heat and traveling?

Questions about dogs in the heat and traveling? General Dog Discussions
      My family is going down to florida at the end of this month. My friend is staying at my house and taking care of the dogs for us, but I'm bringing one with me. How do I make sure she doesn't get too hot?She's a 6lbs spaniel mix. She was born blind and with birth defects. Not anything like a typical dog. I wouldn't even classify her as a dog.My problem is that she doesn't pant. When I feel like she's been standing in the sun too long I'll move her to the shade. She's just over 1 year. I also put a bowl outside for when I take the dogs out. Just incase she wants a drink. Should I do the same thing in Florida? She's use to the colder Indiana weather.Also, any tips for the car ride? Its a 2 day drive.Any answers would be helpful!

Questions about dogs in the heat and traveling? General Dog Discussions
    • I assume you keep this dog inside. If your house/room is kept cool enough for you, it should be OK for her. Florida won't be all THAT hot next month. When traveling, keep good fresh air circulating in the car, stop frequently for potty and water stops, and pay attention to her behavior as you travel. Make sure you stay in pet-friendly motels (La Quinta) and address her needs as you always do, otherwise.Papaw