What experiences working with dogs, or any other animal has given you the feeling of accomplishment?

Ive volunteered at a shelter, and i actually worked with some dogs that were meant to be euthanized. Some of the dogs were way to aggressive to be adopted out, but some of them liked me. So before it was their time to be euthanized, i made sure i spoiled…

What experiences working with dogs, or any other animal has given you the feeling of accomplishment?

Ive volunteered at a shelter, and i actually worked with some dogs that were meant to be euthanized. Some of the dogs were way to aggressive to be adopted out, but some of them liked me. So before it was their time to be euthanized, i made sure i spoiled…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What experiences working with dogs, or any other animal has given you the feeling of accomplishment?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What experiences working with dogs, or any other animal has given you the feeling of accomplishment?

What experiences working with dogs, or any other animal has given you the feeling of accomplishment? Dog Breed Discussions
      Ive volunteered at a shelter, and i actually worked with some dogs that were meant to be euthanized. Some of the dogs were way to aggressive to be adopted out, but some of them liked me. So before it was their time to be euthanized, i made sure i spoiled them rotten, and made the last few days of their life, great. I would sneak some treats in their kennel, i would make sure i ran with them, and walked them each day, obviously they couldn't be around people, so i would go to the back parking lot, and exercises them, they had to wear mussels. I would even buy toys for those dogs. As much as the aggressive ones liked me, they were still considered dangerous. It was soo sad, to have to see them go, but there wasnt much i could do. The only part i think was rewarding about this was being able to give the dogs on death row, a chance to have some fun. Ill tell you though, it is the most depressing sight seeing them go.Ive also done some advertising too, for the dogs in need to be adopted, and im proud to say, that i have successfully gotten over 15 dogs adopted outI swear, if i had the chance i would adopt so many of those dogs from the shelter. But i already have four dogs, and i love them very much

What experiences working with dogs, or any other animal has given you the feeling of accomplishment? Dog Breed Discussions
    • When I took a foster and 4 days into having him he got adopted. He was going to be put to sleep before our rescue took him. It was my first adoption and it was a terrific and INCREDIBLY rewarding feeling.I just had a dog adopted out 2 weeks ago, only had him for 3 days as well. Its amazing what a little bit of giving can do to make a difference.Any time I take a dog out of the shelter to an adoption event and they get adopted. Its happened twice now with dogs I have brought and handled. We just got 2 adopted out that had to go together, was tough but they FINALLY got a home.

• Rehabilitating this South African Boerboel that was set to be euthanizated at a rescue. Many trainers had worked with him and everyone said it couldn't be done. The hardest task I've ever had in my life was making Hercules (the boerboel) a stable and great dog. Hercules has lived now with a great family balanced and happy for 3 years now

• Since I was a kid I was the one who always had the "bad" dogs and out of control horses. Horses were first big accomplishments. Growing up my parents had lots of money and a huge horse stable. They bought the best horses but I only wanted the misfits, the ones that were to sent to slaughter because they were labeled has dangerous. Somehow I always had away with them. Half I broke and gentled to be sold or adopted and others I kept and showed. Two were very special. One was a huge black Appendix Horse who was abused and hated and mistrusted ALL people and the other was a sorrel Quarter Horse Gelding that went sour. Both I turned around and showed successfully nation wide. More important both were great pets and friends that spent over 20 years with me. I also always had a dog at my side and the same went for the dogs they were the unwanted or "vicious" dogs. Dogs I still do but over the years I keep them. The ones that were supposed to euthanized but are now sweet loving companions.