How can I get my dog to play by himself?

Our dog is obsessed with us and wants our attention 24-7. As soon as we leave the room, he whines constantly until we come back. We buy toys, exercise, and play with him to no avail. He's just turned one.

Our dog is obsessed with us and wants our attention 24-7. As soon as we leave the room, he whines constantly until we come back. We buy toys, exercise, and play with him to no avail. He's just turned one....
    General Dog Discussions : How can I get my dog to play by himself?...

• How can I get my dog to play by himself?

How can I get my dog to play by himself? General Dog Discussions
      Our dog is obsessed with us and wants our attention 24-7. As soon as we leave the room, he whines constantly until we come back. We buy toys, exercise, and play with him to no avail. He's just turned one.

How can I get my dog to play by himself? General Dog Discussions
    • dogs dont play by themselves usually...take him out and excersise it, a nice long walk, and ball toss at the park, He is still a baby, and needs your attention, just like a child would who is 2 and 3. If u didnt know how much work a dog is then u didnt do your research and probably shouldnt have gotten a dog.

• Nothing unusual about your dog wanting to play with you. Our Schnauzer used to insist on horning in on our Monopoly games (he always took the Top Hat token too), Scrabble games (he's an atrocious speller so we were constantly looking up his words in the dictionary). Finally I decided to teach him a card game - 'Solitaire'. Now he's so obsessed with the game he is missing meals and won't sleep at night. I've been having trouble sleeping due to the lights on in the den and the constant noise from his shuffling cards all night.