Should I get a Cane Corso?

hey i have 75 acres in colorado and i want a big strong fast athletic hunting/gaurd dog and i have narrowed it down to two the south african boerboel and the cane corso i know that i want 3 of them but only of 1 kind can you list the advantagesand…

hey i have 75 acres in colorado and i want a big strong fast athletic hunting/gaurd dog and i have narrowed it down to two the south african boerboel and the cane corso i know that i want 3 of them but only of 1 kind can you list the advantagesand…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Should I get a Cane Corso?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should I get a Cane Corso?

Should I get a Cane Corso? Dog Breed Discussions
      hey i have 75 acres in colorado and i want a big strong fast athletic hunting/gaurd dog and i have narrowed it down to two the south african boerboel and the cane corso i know that i want 3 of them but only of 1 kind can you list the advantagesand disadvantages for each

Should I get a Cane Corso? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Neither breed is better....neither has any marked advantages or disadvantages...both are indicated for farm life.Its going to come down to the breedings. If you like both breeds...look for a qaulity breeding and go for it. Im sure you wont be dissapointed with either one. I would make the decision based on the sire and dame in question...as i like both breeds.Assess Sire and Dame for temperment/confirmation and ofa/pennhip scores. Assess individual pups for confirmationa and temperment...lastly for color.Corso have been heavily overbred for the last 10 years in the US. This has created a lot of problems in the breed. Do your research and import if necessary. Good luck.