How long will it take for the new cat and my two dogs to co-exist peacefully?

We just got a new cat, and since we have an XL kennel, I put her in it right next to the dog's area. At first they both freaked out and they are now becoming a lot more relaxed but how can I tell when they are ready to co-exist with the rest of the…

We just got a new cat, and since we have an XL kennel, I put her in it right next to the dog's area. At first they both freaked out and they are now becoming a lot more relaxed but how can I tell when they are ready to co-exist with the rest of the…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long will it take for the new cat and my two dogs to co-exist peacefully?...

• How long will it take for the new cat and my two dogs to co-exist peacefully?

How long will it take for the new cat and my two dogs to co-exist peacefully? General Dog Discussions
      We just got a new cat, and since we have an XL kennel, I put her in it right next to the dog's area. At first they both freaked out and they are now becoming a lot more relaxed but how can I tell when they are ready to co-exist with the rest of the family? She's in the living room with us by the way so she's getting to know us and even though they (the dogs and the cat) are in the same room, shes still separated in her safe spot.

How long will it take for the new cat and my two dogs to co-exist peacefully? General Dog Discussions
    • It all depends. Cats are a little harder to introduce to other cats/dogs. What you're doing right now is an excellent idea. Once they seem to be getting used to each other, you can allow them out together WITH SUPERVISION. Put a baby gate up somewhere so the cat can escape if it wants to without the dog chasing it. Some dogs do fine with cats, while others have the urge to chase them. They may not ever be best friends, but hopefully they'll be able to coexist and tolerate one another. :)