What to do when your neighbor threaten to kill your dog and beat you up when you walk by his house w/ the dog?

I walked by this neighbor's house two times with my dog. One time we were actually on the other side of the street. A small dog come out and tried to bite my dog in both times. Both times, the owner's kids just call the dog's name and the dog never…

What to do when your neighbor threaten to kill your dog and beat you up when you walk by his house w/ the dog?

I walked by this neighbor's house two times with my dog. One time we were actually on the other side of the street. A small dog come out and tried to bite my dog in both times. Both times, the owner's kids just call the dog's name and the dog never…...
    General Dog Discussions : What to do when your neighbor threaten to kill your dog and beat you up when you walk by his house w/ the dog?...

• I would first file a police report so if anything happens to your dog you will have a record of it. Everytime I saw his dog running loose I would call animal control and file a complaint.He is a jackass and need to be reported.

• I'm with those who say to avoid him. People can actually be crazy and he sounds like it is. Men are also so macho that he might do something just because he feels he should. I also would keep a running record of anything he does, report him to the police - just document everything. If you engage him, the police will probably also blame you. This way, you are the sane ones.

• The leash laws are for neighbors to be neighborly. This man is not neighborly and has threatened you! If there is no leash law locally then get a petition started to change it! Remember, certain leashes will break so do not sponsor a no tolerance option or signatures will not be forthcoming! Do mention a escalating penalty feature! Do to too many criminals utilizing pitbulls this leash law is becoming a definite safety concern in Model America! There are breeders that can work off-leash so a license or permit should be available for a wee fee mostly for identification when there are new neighbors!

• Im pretty sure that your town as all others has have a leash law call animal control everytime you see his dog out with a leash file a police complaint now you have to make sure that you put in the police report THE WORDS Viscious dog, scared for my life and the life of my pet with out these word the police can not do anything but they are not allowed to tell you that it needs to be in the report GOOD LUCK From a responsible pet owner

• I agree with the other posters here. You should at least file a police report (well, actually your husband should since he heard the actual threats). This is evidence you may need later if things go further though I hope they do not! You probably could even press charges because threats to beat someone up are called "terroristic threats" in the legal system. Even if you do not want to press charges I would still file the report in case you need it later as documentation of your neighbor's bad behavior. His dogs should not be running wild and biting other dogs. Most municipalities have leash laws. In my area, the leash law states that dogs must be under leash or voice control at all times - but not running wild! Call animal control, especially if his dog attacks a person or another dog. I would do my best to avoid this neighbor for the time being but you do have a right to walk in your neighborhood.

• Call the cops and STAY away from this weirdos house!Don't let the guy find out where you live! He's threatened to kill your dog..............I'm sorry to say this but I have gone through something similar.......All it takes is a drugged piece of meat thrown over the fence. Make a report with the police and try to encourage other neighbors to do so too.I hope someone shoots the offender soon, for the whole neighborhood's sake.

• write everything down he says to you or if you have a vidio use this and then take it to the police and local council if the dog is going round biting then phone the police and get advice before this dog does something seriouse to you or someone else about him go to solicitors and file for harrasment get and injunction with the power of arrest served to him its not ok to let animals go around biting. hope you manage to sort everything out ok good luck thinking of u

• what a jerk! Thank god I have a german rottie! Your neighbor wouldnt feel that way if you had my dog next to you. He doesnt OWN the street. You are allowed to walk it anytime you want. file a police report, he cant threaten you, your husband or your dog!you want to know what my hubby does to neighbors like that? He will get our dog, put Cujo's leash on, get his skateboard, take Cujo for his daily run (with other intentions though!) and when they least expect it they have a huge german rottie running at full speed right behind them! they better move or they will be trampled down (and scared)! I know it sounds mean but its funny at the same time because they deserved it! He has only done that twice though, those neighbors deserved it. Before anyone says anything, my dog is TRAINED and he wouldnt hurt a fly!