What breed is Nasir? (From The Dog Whisperer)?

Pattyi LaBelle's dog was one of Cesar Milan's cases. He was nervous and showed signs of aggression, he is a beautiful dog and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what breed he is? I was thinking along the lines of some sort of Mastiff.Thank you!

Pattyi LaBelle's dog was one of Cesar Milan's cases. He was nervous and showed signs of aggression, he is a beautiful dog and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what breed he is? I was thinking along the lines of some sort of Mastiff.Thank you!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What breed is Nasir? (From The Dog Whisperer)?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What breed is Nasir? (From The Dog Whisperer)?

What breed is Nasir? (From The Dog Whisperer)? Dog Breed Discussions
      Pattyi LaBelle's dog was one of Cesar Milan's cases. He was nervous and showed signs of aggression, he is a beautiful dog and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what breed he is? I was thinking along the lines of some sort of Mastiff.Thank you!

What breed is Nasir? (From The Dog Whisperer)? Dog Breed Discussions
    • it was a South African boerboel The Boerboel is reliable, obedient and intelligent, with strong watch and guard-dog instincts. It is self-assured and fearless. The Boerboel are very playful and affectionate toward their owners. Their favorite pass time would be to play a game of fetch loving every minute they spend with their master. Their jaws are strong and they will most often pop the ball they are playing with. Not to fret, they will just play with the popped ball! They are very gentle and good with children they know. Allowing them to ride on their backs like a horse, loving every minute of the attention they are getting. Boerboel will do okay with other dogs, cats and other non-canine pets, letting birds come down and snatch from their food bowl! They will guard their family, friends and property with their life. When the owners are not home they will not allow anyone to enter the home, unless they know them very well. When welcomed visitors arrive they will accept them after being properly introduced. This breed requires a dominant owner. The authority the owners project over the dog should be so strong that the dog will not bolt out the front door when it is opened. The objective in training this dog is to achieve a pack leader status. It is a natural instinct for a dog to have an order in their pack. When we humans live with dogs, we become their pack. The entire pack cooperates under a single leader. Lines are clearly defined and rules are set. Because a dog communicates his displeasure with growling and eventually biting, all other humans MUST be higher up in the order than the dog. The humans must be the ones making the decisions, not the dogs. That is the only way your relationship with your dog can be a complete success. If one does not understand this concept 100% and have confidence that they can handle such a large guard type breed then this is not the dog for them. With the right owners the Boerboel can make wonderful pets.