Why do dogs spin around a number of times before they go?

When I take my chi-pom out for his daily thing, I notice at times that when he finds a spot, he likes to spin around a number of times before finally going.The act itself is a curious one, but it makes me dizzy just watching him! lolWhy do dogs do this?

When I take my chi-pom out for his daily thing, I notice at times that when he finds a spot, he likes to spin around a number of times before finally going.The act itself is a curious one, but it makes me dizzy just watching him! lolWhy do dogs do this?...
    General Dog Discussions : Why do dogs spin around a number of times before they go?...

• Why do dogs spin around a number of times before they go?

Why do dogs spin around a number of times before they go? General Dog Discussions
      When I take my chi-pom out for his daily thing, I notice at times that when he finds a spot, he likes to spin around a number of times before finally going.The act itself is a curious one, but it makes me dizzy just watching him! lolWhy do dogs do this?

Why do dogs spin around a number of times before they go? General Dog Discussions
    • It goes back to their primal instincts. Since pack dogs have a ranking order they would not eliminate where the alpha dog would go, or risk stepping on the alpha males toes. They circle to make sure that no other higher ranking dog has marked there. Your dog isn't the only one that does this odd thing. Moost dogs still do this as a matter of fact.