Are Airedale Terriers good dogs for first owners?

I've had a few dogs growing up but now that me and my boyfriend have been living together for a few years we decided to get a dog. I love airedales and the way they look and everything I have read about them but I want to know if they are good dogs for…

I've had a few dogs growing up but now that me and my boyfriend have been living together for a few years we decided to get a dog. I love airedales and the way they look and everything I have read about them but I want to know if they are good dogs for…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Are Airedale Terriers good dogs for first owners?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are Airedale Terriers good dogs for first owners?

Are Airedale Terriers good dogs for first owners? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've had a few dogs growing up but now that me and my boyfriend have been living together for a few years we decided to get a dog. I love airedales and the way they look and everything I have read about them but I want to know if they are good dogs for someone to own that has never owned a dog alone before. Thanks!

Are Airedale Terriers good dogs for first owners? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Terriers, are not the preferred for first time owner, they are very curious and can get into tons of trouble, they are great dogs though, for a more experienced owner, they have energy like nothing else. But when you love them, its worth it

• Well any dog is a good pet as long as you know there breed and know how to take care of the animal some people don't even take care of there own children so just read up on how to take care of them it will be in both interest to u and the dog

• Yes, Airedales are very nice dogs for first time owners. Airedale Terriers are great with children, especially small kids, they have great agility and endurance. They have grown very popular over the years, and even though they may be big dogs, they are great pillows! lol. They are wonderful watch and guard dogs and are very protective of their owners. They are also very smart and are very easy to train. I would suggest you get one of these dogs!!!

• I wouldn't consider the Airedale a good breed for a first time owner. I suggest getting a Standard Poodle. They are extremely smart, easy to train, and great for first time owners. I also suggest you decide who will be the one to keep the dog if for some reason your relationship doesn't workout, just in case.

• Here is some simple reasoning, something missing from this place. There is no such thing as "fist time owner"...you have owned dogs before, you are NOT a first time owner, you just never owned THIS breed before and unless you do, you will never gain the experience in it.Dogs are dogs, same needs, same drives, expressed differently, but, same as all dogs. Get the dog, see how you enjoy owning one, see if its for you because unless you have first hand experience with that particular animal, you will never know. Quit asking strangers most of whom are teens, if that, and the rest cannot give a non emotional answer. Hope I helped.