When should I tell my mom that we're getting an Airedale Terrier?

My dad and I might get an Airedale. My dad likes them because they are good security dogs, and they don't shed. But I think my mom will get fussy because she will think it's ugly. If I tell her, I don't think it'll be pretty. (She's in Japan right now) I…

My dad and I might get an Airedale. My dad likes them because they are good security dogs, and they don't shed. But I think my mom will get fussy because she will think it's ugly. If I tell her, I don't think it'll be pretty. (She's in Japan right now) I…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : When should I tell my mom that we're getting an Airedale Terrier?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When should I tell my mom that we're getting an Airedale Terrier?

When should I tell my mom that we're getting an Airedale Terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
      My dad and I might get an Airedale. My dad likes them because they are good security dogs, and they don't shed. But I think my mom will get fussy because she will think it's ugly. If I tell her, I don't think it'll be pretty. (She's in Japan right now) I don't think my dad has the patience to wait until she gets back. What should I do?

When should I tell my mom that we're getting an Airedale Terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
    • tell your dad he needs to tell her, that way you wont be in trouble. Also i wouldn't say anything until you know you are definitely getting it, no sense in upsetting your mum til you know its definitely going to happen!

• If your father has any respect for your mother, he will wait until your mom gets back to discuss it with her and make the decision together as a family. If you think he's going to get the dog before your mother gets home and spring it on her like a surpirise, then you need to put your Big Girl pants on and tell your mom. In the end, she will end up doing caring for a dog that was forced upon her. I don't think she will be thrilled. Besides, not telling mom is sneaky on both you and your dads behalf.