Is it possible to make my dog more playful?

My dog is a Chihuahua, she never, ever likes to play. All she ever does is eat, sleep, and go out. She is attached to my mother, and whenever I try to play with her, she just goes back to her bed. This can be a health problem as it is, because she isn't…

My dog is a Chihuahua, she never, ever likes to play. All she ever does is eat, sleep, and go out. She is attached to my mother, and whenever I try to play with her, she just goes back to her bed. This can be a health problem as it is, because she isn't…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Is it possible to make my dog more playful?...

• Is it possible to make my dog more playful?

Is it possible to make my dog more playful? Dogs Training Discussions
      My dog is a Chihuahua, she never, ever likes to play. All she ever does is eat, sleep, and go out. She is attached to my mother, and whenever I try to play with her, she just goes back to her bed. This can be a health problem as it is, because she isn't getting required exercise. Please can you answer this?She hates every single type of toy. Please give more answers on the playful side, and not on the fitness side.She's scared of the laser pointer.

Is it possible to make my dog more playful? Dogs Training Discussions
    • My dog is a big lazy Bernese, and I feel your pain. Try and get your mother to go outside and play with the dog. Try a laser pointer, because it stimulates the 'chase' instinct your dog has. Try tickling her, running to the next room and calling her (leads to a fun game of chase) and serious belly rubs- I know that sounds like it's not playing but if she gets riled up she might decide to start. Nevermind toys! You can have fun with just yourself and your dog.