How can you tell if a dog is pregnant?

About a month or so ago my dog got laid. A couple of days ago I noticed that her nipples were kind of swollen and her stomach was kind of hard and swollen. At first I thought it was just indegestion or gas but its been a few days and I was just…

About a month or so ago my dog got laid. A couple of days ago I noticed that her nipples were kind of swollen and her stomach was kind of hard and swollen. At first I thought it was just indegestion or gas but its been a few days and I was just…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How can you tell if a dog is pregnant?...

• How can you tell if a dog is pregnant?

How can you tell if a dog is pregnant? Dogs Training Discussions
      About a month or so ago my dog got laid. A couple of days ago I noticed that her nipples were kind of swollen and her stomach was kind of hard and swollen. At first I thought it was just indegestion or gas but its been a few days and I was just wondering if she could be pregnant?When we bought her the former owner told us she had been spayed. She has a very thin line that looks like a scar in the area where she would have been spayed. I THOUGHT SHE WAS SPAYED thats the only reason I bought her.

How can you tell if a dog is pregnant? Dogs Training Discussions
    • well there belly's usually get bigger in a short amount of time so you should b able to tell mayb in a couple of days also she might get protective and you know when shes gonna have her puppies becausethere bellies are big and there always panting hard and laying on their sides alos dont go near her

• Well I have had this experience before. When a dog seems to become more thirstier (even though when it is in heat it will not want to drink water) and more lazier, you should check it out. You will not know right away unless you take it to the vet. But after a couple of months, you should really check its stomach and you will start to notice a difference. I actually felt the pups move and kick in my dog (Jada's) stomach. Oh and their nipples get bigger and full of milk for nursing.

• That's just what we need is more dogs in this world. Come on get your dog spayed. It's your responsibility to take care of your dog. You probably feed her Ol Roy, Dad's or some other quality food (sarcasim).

• Your dog got laid? This is the kind of ignorance people have about breeding dogs. It is truly sickening that someone of your calibur is bringing a litter of innocent puppies into the world where they will inevitably end up in the hands of more ignorance. Congratulations! You are officially part of the problem! Maybe it would do you and the other a s s holes who breed their pets with out a clue some good to go spend a day at the local shelter and watch as they kill dogs and puppies daily because no one wants them. Doesn't that sound like more fun then getting your dog laid? Looking into the eyes of innocent dogs as they get the lethal shot? Sound like fun?

• She will get bigger around 4-5 weeks if she is a small dog or 5-8 weeks along if she is a bigger breed dog. She will get lazier and lay around more. She may get sick and vomit or experience a temperament change. Around 6 weeks they tend to lose their appetite for awhile. They want smaller meals and urinate more due to the growing uterus squishing everything else. They dig and scratch as if making a nest for their pups. Around the last week their nipples fill up with milk. If your female went into heat and didn't get bred she might still show all these signs without being pregnant. To rule out this "false pregnancy" for cheap you can get a dog pregnancy test at the vet for $20-$30. If you don't have the money for that you just have to wait and see if she has pups 58-66 days prior to mating. You need to be with your dog as she has pups and call the vet if something goes wrong. If you don't it could result in death. Labor includes pain and often the dog looks like she needs help when she really doesn't and people end up trying to help and messing everything up so you need to know what to expect. To find out what to expect on the birth of pups go to: http://www.hilltopanimalhospital.com/reproduction.htm Good luck!