How do you get a fat, lazy dog to walk?

my dog just lays around and eats. he is like 30 pounds overweight.I HATE THIS DOG.man do ya'll have any tips to try to get him to walk more than 6 yards? Thats literally as far as he will walk. any training tipss ?i put him on a leash but he just SITS…

my dog just lays around and eats. he is like 30 pounds overweight.I HATE THIS DOG.man do ya'll have any tips to try to get him to walk more than 6 yards? Thats literally as far as he will walk. any training tipss ?i put him on a leash but he just SITS…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do you get a fat, lazy dog to walk?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you get a fat, lazy dog to walk?

How do you get a fat, lazy dog to walk? Dogs Training Discussions
      my dog just lays around and eats. he is like 30 pounds overweight.I HATE THIS DOG.man do ya'll have any tips to try to get him to walk more than 6 yards? Thats literally as far as he will walk. any training tipss ?i put him on a leash but he just SITS there in the middle of the road and about gets his own dang as* run over. its not that freakin simple smart as*.

How do you get a fat, lazy dog to walk? Dogs Training Discussions
    • lure him with treats, I bet he likes to eat so he has to walk to get treats.Well my male American Pitbull Terrier hated walking on a leash so what I did is tied the leash to my waist and he went where ever I went. That broke him of just wanting to lay down. He will get tired of being dragged around. Or maybe your dog just hates you.

• Do what they did in the old days put a treat on a piece of string and then tie the other end of the string onto a stick.Hold it out in front of him all the time and he will chase after it!!! lol :D

• It sounds like the food bowl is always available. Try putting it down for 15 or 20 minute periods twice a day. Also check into what you are feeding him. Your vet or pet store would recommend a food for an overweight dog.

• Stop blaming the dog! Assuming it is purely from over-eating, you must have fed him so that he is so overweight in the first place, it is your fault, not the dog's - he is actually suffering because of you.It may well be that he cannot walk far because of the problems that his weight is causing him - 30 pounds is a heck of a lot of extra weight for any dog! I'd take him to the vet before you do anything and ask for their advice and then make sure you follow it to the letter, they'll probably recommend a change of diet and may also want to run some tests to see why he's like that to make sure it is purely down to his food intake.If you want to find out what it must be like him to be so overweight, try working out how much extra weight you would have to be carrying to be proportionately the same over-weight size as him, then go and get some lifting weights or something and lay down on the floor with them attached to you. Now you try to get up and walk around ... not so easy is it?