Is getting a dog training guide worth it?

I was thinking about buying one of those DVD dog training guides because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with dog training. And if so what's the best one to get?

I was thinking about buying one of those DVD dog training guides because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with dog training. And if so what's the best one to get?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Is getting a dog training guide worth it?...

• Is getting a dog training guide worth it?

Is getting a dog training guide worth it? Dogs Training Discussions
      I was thinking about buying one of those DVD dog training guides because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with dog training. And if so what's the best one to get?

Is getting a dog training guide worth it? Dogs Training Discussions
    • i do not recommend geting a training guide.. ive owned 2 dogs and had no problem training it.. it knows about 3 trick.. for example.. if u want it to give u paw.. u say "PAW!" firmly then lift up the dogs paw and put it in your hand... then u give it a treat.. repeat this and the dog will know what it has to do for a treat... after a weak of putting ur dogs paw in ur hand and giving it a treat it will know to automatically do this when u say PAW..

• I think you would be better served by purchasing one of the great books out there, then viewing the free videos that are all over UTube. Dr Sophia Yin has a huge collection of free videos on her website.Amazon.com has a great selection of books at nominal prices.Train Your Dog Like A ProThe Idiots Guide To Positive Dog TrainingTwo that come to mind.

• I bought a marker training video from Leerburg.com, and it was very informative.I ended up deciding not to use the method because it was not a good fit for me, but he also has many other training videos:http://leerburg.com/vidolist.htm?set=1He also sells equipment, and there is an online forum for discussing training issues.

• honey don't wast your money, you can email me any time . i will do the same thing if not better then a dvd . i say this because you can tell me the exact thing you need help with and the video only has one dog and every dog is different . my email is [email protected].