Is there any scientic research that credits the domance theory of Dog Training?

I am doing research on this for a class. I don't want peoples opinions, but I am wondering if there is any scholarly research that supports the dominance theory in dog training, or if there is any research that has been approved. I seem to be finding it…

I am doing research on this for a class. I don't want peoples opinions, but I am wondering if there is any scholarly research that supports the dominance theory in dog training, or if there is any research that has been approved. I seem to be finding it…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Is there any scientic research that credits the domance theory of Dog Training?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there any scientic research that credits the domance theory of Dog Training?

Is there any scientic research that credits the domance theory of Dog Training? Dogs Training Discussions
      I am doing research on this for a class. I don't want peoples opinions, but I am wondering if there is any scholarly research that supports the dominance theory in dog training, or if there is any research that has been approved. I seem to be finding it a little hard to find any. Anyone who or any researcher (that isn't outdated and hasn't been debunked) that is actually concrete! Thank you very much!!!

Is there any scientic research that credits the domance theory of Dog Training? Dogs Training Discussions
    • one reason you might be having trouble is because most people who "believe" in dominance training, havent got a clue what that means or how to do it. dominance training starts with respecting the dog. it means knowing how dogs communicate with each other and with humans. i cant tell you of any research as i dont know any, nothing specifically concerning using such a technique to train dogs. i can tell you from my own personal experience, with my GSD/Coyote mixed dog that if you know what you are doing, it works very well. my dog was deeply bonded to me, and treated me as the alpha, but where any other dog was concerned, she was the alpha. in her world, she never allowed other dogs on our place to fight, she would always stop it immediately. she never started a fight in her life...but she also never backed down from one and never lost one. her job was a guard dog and she took it seriously, but she was also my kid, part of our family,a dn with family, very spoiled. in my training of her, i simply knew i was the leader, and she knew it because i knew it. i didnt abuse her or punish her...we just communicated in a way she could understand, and in a way i understood to. by the time she was nearly ten yrs old we nearly read each others minds we were so close. that is what true dominance training is all about...not "being boss". i know this is not the answer you were looking for...but perhaps it will help somewhat. good luck on your research.