Iam considering put my 6month old cocker spaniel in dog training I want him to behave and learn?

He poops pees on the ground , he doesn't have crate I use doggie mats cuz I live in apartment and I do used to take him out side but he wouldn't go and then when I brought him in he pooped , he's my first dog I want him to learn I wanna know what I can…

Iam considering put my 6month old cocker spaniel in dog training I want him to behave and learn?

He poops pees on the ground , he doesn't have crate I use doggie mats cuz I live in apartment and I do used to take him out side but he wouldn't go and then when I brought him in he pooped , he's my first dog I want him to learn I wanna know what I can…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Iam considering put my 6month old cocker spaniel in dog training I want him to behave and learn?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Iam considering put my 6month old cocker spaniel in dog training I want him to behave and learn?

Iam considering put my 6month old cocker spaniel in dog training I want him to behave and learn? Dogs Training Discussions
      He poops pees on the ground , he doesn't have crate I use doggie mats cuz I live in apartment and I do used to take him out side but he wouldn't go and then when I brought him in he pooped , he's my first dog I want him to learn I wanna know what I can do for dog training and how it works cuz he's my first dog

Iam considering put my 6month old cocker spaniel in dog training I want him to behave and learn? Dogs Training Discussions
    • cockers can be quite hard to train. with manners and potty training! first of all how long did you have him outside before you brought him inside and he pooped? I wouldn't bring him in until he used the bathroom... no matter how long it took. you have to show him who is the boss. right now, he is the boss because you brought him inside and he used the bathroom where ever he wanted! lol... he showed you! so now, you have to take over the roll as the boss. with cockers it can be tough, especially if you have never had a dog before. you have to start from the beginning. no matter how long it takes, keep him outside till he potties. if he disobeys you, keep doing the same thing until he listens. just be repetitive and consistant. it may take a month or two but he will get it.

• Dog training classes don't address all issues in the class although you might be able to get some help on these by talking to one of the trainers. Your problem is these stupid doggy mats and they always end up teaching the dog that it is ok to pee and poop anywhere in the house which is disgusting. You absolutely MUST get this dog out and about. You must stay outside and take him for a walk before this habit becomes too hard to break. You are teaching him that INSIDE is the place to go to the toilet.

• Six months is a good age for your first obedience class. Once you learn how to be a good leader, you will find housebreaking your cocker will be easier too and you can switch to taking him outside to potty.It's a big mistake not crate training him. Dogs are den animals, and a crate is a place where your dog can feel safe and away from things he doesn't understand or like. When sick, it's a place to put him so he can recover without messing up the house. Lots of good uses for crates as long as you never use it for punishment.All dogs should ride in crates when in a moving vehicle.

• Buy a cage; ditch the pads. The pads are messing you and the dog up. So, there isn't an outside to your apartment? Unless you want your dog to potty inside the house, forever (pretty stinky), get rid of anything relating to going indoors. Keep the dog in the cage unless you are taking him outside. Then, go with him and have him on a leash and walk him around in a very small area and even in a little circle, repeating: Good dog go OUT; or: Good dog potty, etc. As soon as he potties, praise him with excess, pet him, jump around, and make a general fuss. Bring him inside and give him a treat repeating what he did: "Good dog went OUT". Put a bell by whatever door you normally go through to the outside. Help him ring the bell, each time you take him outside for potty purposes. Then, when he is trained he can ring the bell, even if he isn't a barker. He can only be on a tiled surface with you directly supervising him for about 15 minutes each time, then back in the cage, until he is totally house trained. A trainer won't house train your dog unless they are in your house every day doing exactly these things. You can often get a cheap cage on www.craigslist.com in the pets section. But, the price of the cage will outweigh the frustration, and the cost in damaged belongings and carpeting. It will work out, just get the cage. NEVER scold when putting dog in the cage; put cage in main area of the house; cage must be appropriate size - not too large; always treat when dog enters cage; don't scold when dog has accidents.Other things to do with him: Teach him to sit, using a treat over his nose or head. Hold it up and ask for a sit. Praise and give him the treat. Walk him on the sidewalk, and make him sit every few feet, stating "heel" for walking and "sit" when you slow down and help him sit. Praise. Dogs love praise and live for praise.