two questions..how does grooming your dog yourself promote bonding btwn dog and master?

also, can anyone tell me how to detangle the hair of an Irish Wolfhound/Airedale terrier mix b4 grooming? i groom her daily,but she is forever getting tough to get out knots. thanks!

two questions..how does grooming your dog yourself promote bonding btwn dog and master?

also, can anyone tell me how to detangle the hair of an Irish Wolfhound/Airedale terrier mix b4 grooming? i groom her daily,but she is forever getting tough to get out knots. thanks!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : two questions..how does grooming your dog yourself promote bonding btwn dog and master?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• two questions..how does grooming your dog yourself promote bonding btwn dog and master?

two questions..how does grooming your dog yourself promote bonding btwn dog and master? Dog Breed Discussions
      also, can anyone tell me how to detangle the hair of an Irish Wolfhound/Airedale terrier mix b4 grooming? i groom her daily,but she is forever getting tough to get out knots. thanks!

two questions..how does grooming your dog yourself promote bonding btwn dog and master? Dog Breed Discussions
    • When you groom your dog, you show him or her that you care. And the time you spend with him or her considers as your "bonding time" because the two of you are together. :)

• Your dog will associate your touch with happiness and comfort which will strengthen the bond you already have.As for your tangle problem I'd suggest Cowboy Magic. I've used it on my horses with great success and the website says it can be used on dogs.

• Yes, you are bonding and setting yourself up as the Alpha which can also help the relationship. As for the tangles, there are many new devices on the market to help remove matting. Once they are out brush the coat once or twice a day.