How can I make my miniature dachshund adjust to being around bigger dogs?

In a few months we are moving in with my aunt. They have 2 German Shepherds and 3 Labs.She is a miniature dachshund and I am worried she will be intimidated by the bigger ones. Because the family lives on a farm the big dogs play rough and chase each…

In a few months we are moving in with my aunt. They have 2 German Shepherds and 3 Labs.She is a miniature dachshund and I am worried she will be intimidated by the bigger ones. Because the family lives on a farm the big dogs play rough and chase each…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How can I make my miniature dachshund adjust to being around bigger dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I make my miniature dachshund adjust to being around bigger dogs?

How can I make my miniature dachshund adjust to being around bigger dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
      In a few months we are moving in with my aunt. They have 2 German Shepherds and 3 Labs.She is a miniature dachshund and I am worried she will be intimidated by the bigger ones. Because the family lives on a farm the big dogs play rough and chase each other a lot and I am just worried about her.Any tips on helping her adjust from a grassy subdivision to a dirt farm with 5 dogs?

How can I make my miniature dachshund adjust to being around bigger dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
    • It all depends how the bigger dogs are, if they're friendly then your daschund will be fine. Just introduce your doxie to them little by little in an open area and pay close attention as how the bigger dogs react with the little doxie around them.. If they bully your doxie remove your doxie and try it again slowly. Remember the bigger dogs are a pack, and you have to to be patiente, dogs don't easily accept dogs in their pack. If this doesn't work in time, I would avoid bringing your small doxie around the bigger dogs to avoid fights.

• You are worried because your dachshund is not socialized. If you had enrolled in a good obedience class they would have taught you how to socialize, how to train, and how to correct bad behavior. You really need this education to learn about dog behavior. You are not going to learn much from strangers, who have never observed your dog's behavior.