Is it normal for the pup to bit a lot? I'm scared that she might not get along with my 3 year old dog?

I have a 5 week old pup, her mother died when she was born. She's been living with me for a week now. My dog plays rough with her and she get mad, so of course I stop them from playing. But the pup always looks for my dog to bite, just like if she would…

Is it normal for the pup to bit a lot? I'm scared that she might not get along with my 3 year old dog?

I have a 5 week old pup, her mother died when she was born. She's been living with me for a week now. My dog plays rough with her and she get mad, so of course I stop them from playing. But the pup always looks for my dog to bite, just like if she would…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Is it normal for the pup to bit a lot? I'm scared that she might not get along with my 3 year old dog?...

• Is it normal for the pup to bit a lot? I'm scared that she might not get along with my 3 year old dog?

Is it normal for the pup to bit a lot? I'm scared that she might not get along with my 3 year old dog? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have a 5 week old pup, her mother died when she was born. She's been living with me for a week now. My dog plays rough with her and she get mad, so of course I stop them from playing. But the pup always looks for my dog to bite, just like if she would like to get the last lick or something. I think they get along but not sure?

Is it normal for the pup to bit a lot? I'm scared that she might not get along with my 3 year old dog? Dogs Training Discussions
    • The problem here is that the pup was removed from mommy to soon. I understand why but now you have a bit of a problem, mommy is not there to teach the puppies the basic dog rules. Mommy teaches the pups manners at this age so if the mommy was removed what you end of getting is a little bully! A puppy with no doggy manners.How to cure it I am not sure but I would consult a trainer. I know my friend use to train pups that lost their moms to soon.

• It is very normal for a puppy to bite. A puppy uses its mouth to discover the world like a young child uses its hands .What you have to watch for is when the mouthing really does become biting and where the puppy learns this as a standard behavior. The article below describes why a puppy bites and how to control the behavior so that it does not become a problem

• The pup should have been kept by the breeder, not released to someone. No reputable breeder would do this. You really need to return the pup to the moron and turn them into your local animal control for letting a too young pup go.

• From what it sounds like they are just playing. Especially puppies that weren't around their mothers for long. When puppies are taken away from their mom at an early age or something unfortunate happens like your puppy. They don't get the training that other puppies get from their mother. Puppies also have problems with nipping people if she is nawing on your hand make a loud noise and give her a chew toy to replace your hand with the toy so she knows what she is aloud to chew on. My dog plays really rough and to me that is fine because when we are at the dog park and their arent dogs that like to play rough he doesnt get as tired. When dogs are wrestling they typical grab for the neck but dont get scared that is how they play that is the reason they have extra skin on their necks. As long as the puppy or your other dog isn't crying it's okay. And if your 3 yr old dog gets annoyed with her she will let her know to stop. I know that my dog is very hyper and over whelms other dogs at times but if the dog is annoyed they bark at him or bite at him and he knows to stop. Keep an eye on her since she doesnt know her boundaries yet but don't be worried she will do fine with your other dog.

• Puppy biting is a normal, natural, and necessary puppy behavior. Puppy play-biting is the means by which dogs develop bite inhibition and a soft mouth. The developing puppy should learn that his bites can hurt long before he develops jaws strong enough to inflict injury. The greater the pup's opportunity to play-bite with people, other dogs, and other animals, the better his bite inhibition will be as an adult. For puppies that do not grow up with the benefit of regular interaction with other dogs and other animals, the responsibility of teaching bite inhibition lies with the owner.Check this link for more guidelines.http://dogtime.com/puppy-training-biting-nipping-dunbar.html