Is it rude to photograph someones dog at the beach?

If you take photos of someones dog playing on the beach without asking the dog's person's permission, would that be rude or offensive?

If you take photos of someones dog playing on the beach without asking the dog's person's permission, would that be rude or offensive?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Is it rude to photograph someones dog at the beach?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it rude to photograph someones dog at the beach?

Is it rude to photograph someones dog at the beach? Dogs Training Discussions
      If you take photos of someones dog playing on the beach without asking the dog's person's permission, would that be rude or offensive?

Is it rude to photograph someones dog at the beach? Dogs Training Discussions
    • I always find it a little rude, to be honest. And a bit weird. I don't know what people are going to do with the photos, or if they're even taking photos of the DOG. If I'm at the park and someone starts aiming their camera at me, I get weirded out and leave. If I'm at the park and someone asks if they can take pictures of the dog, I say "sure".I always ask if I can take pictures of someones dog before I do. I've never been told no. Often, they give me their e-mail address so I can send the photos to them. I've always been taught to ask before you take...

• Well it isn't really rude because you are just allowed to do so, but not everybody likes it when a stranger takes photos of their dogs or other animals. They might take it as rude. So before you take a picture of a dog it is always nice to ask the owner if they mind. Then you know for sure!

• It shouldn't be. I really depends on the how the owner looks. If you're doing a close up, just ask if they kind. It's polite. But an farther away picture of other people on the beach also in the picture is completely fine. If you feel like you're being rude, then ask. But I really don't find it rude to take pictures on the beach!

• If you take 1 or 2 photos, no. If you take more than that, the owner is likely to get suspicious of your motives.Turn the tables around: If you and a friend were playing on the beach and a stranger stood there taking several photos of you, wouldn't you find that a bit creepy?So if you plan to take several photos, I suggest you call out in a friendly way "Your dog looks so cute playing like that. Do you mind if I take some pictures of him?" Then that leaves the owner firmly in control of the situation.

• nop not at all.....i dnt think dat u will make mms (adult vedios) of dogs nd upload it....dats jst so hillarious....smone saying not to click picks of his dog....jst say dat bastard to keep his dog wid him nd carry him in his pocket everytime....

• I think a couple quick photo's for personal use would be fine. But if you plan on taking a lot and for more than personal use I think you should ask and probably get a model release.

• i don't think it is rude ... i video my dog playing with stranger's dogs at the beach all the time ... and actually last week i bumped into this guy at the park who has two chihuahuas and he saw i had a new dog now ... and we got to talking and i told him his chihuahuas are all over my youtube page cuz they were always playing with my previous dog ... i gave him my email address, he emailed me, and i emailed him the link to the videos ... he thought it was great ... i have had people ask if they could take pictures of my dog and i always say yes ...

• Yes, it is common courtesy to ask for permission and not assume an owner is okay with a stranger taking a photograph of their dog for an unknown purpose.Since stealing dogs to order to sell on or hold until a reward (extortion) is paid is not uncommon, I would err on the side of caution and tell anyone who asked no. It is not simply a question of being weird, there could be criminal intent.

• No, especially if the owner isn`t around. Once I took my three Poms to a fair and my Puppy was rolling in the grass, I turned around to see a bunch of teenagers and one had her cell phone out and was taking pictures of my Pup (They were a few meters away) I just let her take pics of him.