what do I do with my dogs around high strung dogs?

My dogs bark and want to chase dogs that get high strung.If they chase them I put them back on their leash so nothing bad happens.I just took my dogs to the dog park so they could run around and their were lots of dogs playing. Some of them were chasing…

My dogs bark and want to chase dogs that get high strung.If they chase them I put them back on their leash so nothing bad happens.I just took my dogs to the dog park so they could run around and their were lots of dogs playing. Some of them were chasing…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : what do I do with my dogs around high strung dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what do I do with my dogs around high strung dogs?

what do I do with my dogs around high strung dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
      My dogs bark and want to chase dogs that get high strung.If they chase them I put them back on their leash so nothing bad happens.I just took my dogs to the dog park so they could run around and their were lots of dogs playing. Some of them were chasing each other and my dogs wanted to chase them too but when they chase they bark at them. So I grabbed my dogs and pulled them away and put them on their leash and we left the dog park.

what do I do with my dogs around high strung dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Are they barking aggressively or just having fun? If they are being aggressive, take them out of the park, put their leashes on and make them sit. Start back in when they calm. If they do it again, take them back out. You may have to repeat this several times until they calm down. You can also try a squirt bottle when they bark aggressively. If not and they are just being vocal and having fun, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Here are a few pointers:Take you dogs for a long walk before they go to the park, to release some excess energyWork on your dogs to have a good recall, they must come immediately you call themYou are not responsible for all the dogs at the park, just yoursMake sure your read Cesar Milan's website about going to a dog park, so you know what you should be doing. If things get too crazy with other dogs, leaveHope this helps, we don't have a dog park here (yet) but it would be nice to let my dogs play with some other.Best wishes