Anyone have or know anyone with a Airedale Terrier?

Pros and cons?I took an on line dog test and Airedale came up as a match for me. I been doing research on the dog- and they are beautiful dogs but I have never seen one in person or have know of anyone owning one.

Pros and cons?I took an on line dog test and Airedale came up as a match for me. I been doing research on the dog- and they are beautiful dogs but I have never seen one in person or have know of anyone owning one....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Anyone have or know anyone with a Airedale Terrier?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anyone have or know anyone with a Airedale Terrier?

Anyone have or know anyone with a Airedale Terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
      Pros and cons?I took an on line dog test and Airedale came up as a match for me. I been doing research on the dog- and they are beautiful dogs but I have never seen one in person or have know of anyone owning one.

Anyone have or know anyone with a Airedale Terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
    • well my next door neighbor had one at our old apartment. Seemed like a great dog, they said he needs grooming often and he is kind of strong for his size but other than that he was a great dog.Just know that like any other terrier he will have a strong prey drive and this guy did

• I love the look of the Airedale, and I've only ever really seen two. There was one in the advanced flyball class that was held AFTER my flyball class, and he seemed like an awesome dog.I've starred this for you so hopefully you get some good answers!

• I know a breeder and an owner who has a breeding contract from that breeder. Pros and cons depend greatly on socialization. They bark a lot, loudly. They are very strong and need to learn not to pull your arms off at an early age. They can be socialized out of their prey drive, my friend's female can be around her pet rats just fine. They need a very firm hand in training, very firm. They are stubborn and almost always try to be dominant. They need a lot of exercise or they tend to get obese, but they usually aren't hyperactive. They don't shed, but they need frequent trimming. You probably will never be able to trust one off-leash.