How can you always keep a shitzu dog well groomed?

We brush our little dogs hair everyday it stays beautiful but he stays outdoors and when he scratches or plays with my other dog his hair tangles very badly. It becomes matted like immediatelyPlease any ideasshih-tzus is the correct spelling.

We brush our little dogs hair everyday it stays beautiful but he stays outdoors and when he scratches or plays with my other dog his hair tangles very badly. It becomes matted like immediatelyPlease any ideasshih-tzus is the correct spelling....
    General Dog Discussions : How can you always keep a shitzu dog well groomed?...

• How can you always keep a shitzu dog well groomed?

How can you always keep a shitzu dog well groomed? General Dog Discussions
      We brush our little dogs hair everyday it stays beautiful but he stays outdoors and when he scratches or plays with my other dog his hair tangles very badly. It becomes matted like immediatelyPlease any ideasshih-tzus is the correct spelling.

How can you always keep a shitzu dog well groomed? General Dog Discussions
    • Only keeping his hair clipped shorter will help. That is the only thing to do besides constantly brushing. The dog has to be able to live his life & play & having excess coat hinders them & is very difficult to keep on shih-tzus. The vast majority of pet shih-tzu owners keep their dogs clipped short - it is just too much maintenance for real life.

• Regular clippings of his hair may actually do the trick and you haven't said what kind of brush you are using. You may need to use longer bristles.And little Shih-Tzu dogs aren't outside type of dogs, he should be inside.

• You can get him trimmed.You can cut the legs and belly out to help with the tangles.Or just keep brushing .Try to get a matt cutter.and just use that when needed.You can also try a shampoo and a conditioner for the hair.And you can try pulling it in little pigtails. I keep my 2 at a med.length to cut back on the tangles Good Luck