My male dog is constantly licking my female dog?

Hi ive had my bitch border lakeland for a year now. We got her when she was a pup. But on friday just gone we picked up a one year old airedale terrier male. Neither have been neutered. My bitch goes for the op tomorrow morning. But my male is constantly…

Hi ive had my bitch border lakeland for a year now. We got her when she was a pup. But on friday just gone we picked up a one year old airedale terrier male. Neither have been neutered. My bitch goes for the op tomorrow morning. But my male is constantly…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : My male dog is constantly licking my female dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My male dog is constantly licking my female dog?

My male dog is constantly licking my female dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      Hi ive had my bitch border lakeland for a year now. We got her when she was a pup. But on friday just gone we picked up a one year old airedale terrier male. Neither have been neutered. My bitch goes for the op tomorrow morning. But my male is constantly licking my female. Her face. Neck. Legs head. Private parts. Well whichever is clostest. It started off just occassionally. Now its continuous every time theyre together. But shes starting to get sores where hes licking.How come he licks her so much?Hes a rescue so i dont want to tell him off all the time as he came from an abusive home. So how do i go about stopping this? And is there any health issues to either of them from him doing this? Thanks.I do plan to get my male neutered next month after payday. So as to stop any health issues with that. Plus i dont want to be responsible for any puppies! Thanks for the answers so far

My male dog is constantly licking my female dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • If your female is getting sores from the male licking her you probably want to try separating them as best you can so her sores don't get worse and it would also allow them to heal. There are things you can buy at the pet store to keep dogs from licking/chewing on stitches and furniture, etc. which might be helpful to keep the male from licking your other dog so much. As for any health issues, you should see a licensed veterinarian and have the dogs checked out.Also, it would probably be a good idea if you have the male neutered as well.