Avoderm Wet Puppy and dog food?

Is Avoderm good dog food? I hear that it is natural dog food. Does it have any bad fillers? I was thinking of putting my 8 month old airedale terrier on it. She is a very picky eater and will only eat wet food.

Is Avoderm good dog food? I hear that it is natural dog food. Does it have any bad fillers? I was thinking of putting my 8 month old airedale terrier on it. She is a very picky eater and will only eat wet food....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Avoderm Wet Puppy and dog food?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Avoderm Wet Puppy and dog food?

Avoderm Wet Puppy and dog food? Dog Breed Discussions
      Is Avoderm good dog food? I hear that it is natural dog food. Does it have any bad fillers? I was thinking of putting my 8 month old airedale terrier on it. She is a very picky eater and will only eat wet food.

Avoderm Wet Puppy and dog food? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have heard that it is a pretty good food, a friend of mine has her dogs on it. and she loves it... if your dog is picky you may try mixing the wet in with the dry to switch her over, since wet food isnt really good for their teeth... good luck

• I haven't heard anything bad about it and there aren't really any ingredients in it that raise red flags for me. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has avocado oil in it. Whole avocados are toxic to dogs (and most other vertebrates with the exception of a few primate species), and while I'm sure that avocado oil by itself is not toxic to dogs I'm sure they could get the same nutritional value using a different ingredient and I just don't like the fact that it's in there. I suspect it's largely a marketing tactic because people associate avocados with health food (the bag does say "with vitamin rich avocados" on it).As for her being picky, you need to stick to your guns. Pick a high-quality dry food that you like and only offer her that. Put the measured amount for one meal in her bowl and leave the bowl down for 15-20 minutes. After that period of time, pick up any uneaten food and don't offer her any treats or snacks until the next meal time. Dogs aren't stupid and no healthy dog will starve itself. When she realizes that it is all she's going to get she will eat what you feed her. She's very picky now because she's had 8 months of you pandering to her preference for canned food. Once you put your foot down and only offer her dry food, she will stop being so picky. I know because I have somewhat picky eaters too. Both of my dogs will go through periods where they just aren't interested in their food (it gets worse after they get special extras over food). I just let them go hungry for a meal or two and then they go back to eating their food just fine. It may help entice her to eat the dry food if you put just a spoonful of canned food in the empty bowl AFTER she eats all of the dry food. Obviously she likes the canned food better than the dry (who wouldn't choose cake over pea soup?). You can use this to your advantage by training her that cleaning her bowl of the dry food will earn her a canned food reward. But this only works if she only gets the canned after she finishes her dry. This has worked wonders at getting my somewhat picky eaters to eat their dry food on a regular basis.