Does anyone have any information on the vaccination protoccol for?

I am about to purchase maltese puppy and he has his shots... however there are certain shots ive heard remarks about that worry me. It seems alot of ppl have been mentioning not to get shots each year as my dog grows. I am scared that he will get hurt if…

I am about to purchase maltese puppy and he has his shots... however there are certain shots ive heard remarks about that worry me. It seems alot of ppl have been mentioning not to get shots each year as my dog grows. I am scared that he will get hurt if…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does anyone have any information on the vaccination protoccol for?...

• Does anyone have any information on the vaccination protoccol for?

Does anyone have any information on the vaccination protoccol for? General Dog Discussions
      I am about to purchase maltese puppy and he has his shots... however there are certain shots ive heard remarks about that worry me. It seems alot of ppl have been mentioning not to get shots each year as my dog grows. I am scared that he will get hurt if I dont so what is your response?

Does anyone have any information on the vaccination protoccol for? General Dog Discussions
    • Legally every state requires a rabies shot--those are one year or three year shots (ask your vet).You absolutely NEED the distemper shot too, usually that's a 3 year shot. Anything else is negotiable.Treat for heartworm though. And ask about flea medications for your area.

• The first set of shots by the breeder should be fine. However ask about him having reactions. Make sure the puppy wasn't under 6 weeks old for those shots, althgouh 8 weeks is the preferd date to start. Yes there are too many vaccination and not all are recommened and it differs depending on were you live. Here is the revised protocalhttp://www.critteradvocacy.org/Canine%20Vaccination%20Guidlines.htm