How can I start a none profit dog's shelter in san antonio tx?

Every day on my way to work I see dead dogs, dead cats, deer etc. also, lost dog signs everywhere, healthy cute dogs walking on heavy traffic streets and no one seem to care to slow the speed down.People just run over the animal even in street where…

Every day on my way to work I see dead dogs, dead cats, deer etc. also, lost dog signs everywhere, healthy cute dogs walking on heavy traffic streets and no one seem to care to slow the speed down.People just run over the animal even in street where…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I start a none profit dog's shelter in san antonio tx?...

• How can I start a none profit dog's shelter in san antonio tx?

How can I start a none profit dog's shelter in san antonio tx? General Dog Discussions
      Every day on my way to work I see dead dogs, dead cats, deer etc. also, lost dog signs everywhere, healthy cute dogs walking on heavy traffic streets and no one seem to care to slow the speed down.People just run over the animal even in street where traffic speed is 30MPH.. I would appreciate If someone has information about the steps to open a none profit dog shelter.

How can I start a none profit dog's shelter in san antonio tx? General Dog Discussions
    • Take a look at this article:http://www.petfinder.com/animal-shelters-and-rescues/starting-a-pet-adoption-organization/start-animal-shelter/It realistically outlines what is involved in starting a "rescue". You will need money, and lots of it to even begin the process of rescuing dogs. Many good-intentioned rescuers get themselves into bad situations with lack of funds and too many unmanageable animals. I'd start with volunteering at a local rescue or shelter, get some experience and get your feet wet by fostering.