How can I get my dog to stop scratching her scar?

About 2 months ago, my dog got in a fight and ended up with a scar on her back. It has healed fine with no problems, except she won't stop scratching it. The vet didn't want to prescribe anything, said benadryl won't help, and that she didn't want to…

About 2 months ago, my dog got in a fight and ended up with a scar on her back. It has healed fine with no problems, except she won't stop scratching it. The vet didn't want to prescribe anything, said benadryl won't help, and that she didn't want to…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I get my dog to stop scratching her scar?...

• How can I get my dog to stop scratching her scar?

How can I get my dog to stop scratching her scar? General Dog Discussions
      About 2 months ago, my dog got in a fight and ended up with a scar on her back. It has healed fine with no problems, except she won't stop scratching it. The vet didn't want to prescribe anything, said benadryl won't help, and that she didn't want to issue us a spray because it would make the area too moist. Anyone have a remedy?

How can I get my dog to stop scratching her scar? General Dog Discussions
    • You can use cortisone on your dog. It's safe. We use it on our dog for allergies. It helps with itch. You can get it at a drug store or at Target. It's inexpensive. It's probably next to the Benadryl creams or band aids.It's just a cream you apply to your pets skin.Good luck!