My fiance and I want to get an Airedale Terrier in a couple of months.?

We plan on having kids in a couple of years. Does anyone know how well they do with kids, especially if they aren't really around babies until they're a couple of years old?

We plan on having kids in a couple of years. Does anyone know how well they do with kids, especially if they aren't really around babies until they're a couple of years old?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : My fiance and I want to get an Airedale Terrier in a couple of months.?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My fiance and I want to get an Airedale Terrier in a couple of months.?

My fiance and I want to get an Airedale Terrier in a couple of months.? Dog Breed Discussions
      We plan on having kids in a couple of years. Does anyone know how well they do with kids, especially if they aren't really around babies until they're a couple of years old?

My fiance and I want to get an Airedale Terrier in a couple of months.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • They are great with kids. I know a family that has gone through 2 Airedales with success, and they had 3 kids that have grown up with them. They were very patient and playful. They were pretty bad puppies though....always into the kids stuff for a good chew, but hey its fair game when the kids leave stuff lying around :)

• The Airedale Terrier will usually do okay with children if they have early exposure and socialization, however they may play too rough for very small ones. Courageous and protective. Fairly friendly with strangers. Intelligent, pleasant and loyal. Sensitive and responsive, he can be obedience trained at a high level. Airedale Terriers are fun-loving and playful when they are puppies

• Airedales are fine family pets and adaptable to many situations. They are highly regarded for their keen intelligence, loyalty and working ability. Socializing *ANY* breed to an infant is critical. Airedales are high energy, high spirited family members who enjoy a sense of purpose. They need to feel apart and require a *consistent* daily routine, so I encourage anyone thinking of an Airedale puppy to be respectful to the fact, they will indeed look for a leader in every family. Give them the guidance and love they are deserving to have. Airedales enjoy being interactive, thriving on play and work. Airedales require *daily* exercise requiring a safe outlet to burn off energy. This will reward you many times, since many breeds without the ability to use energy, productively, can sometimes become destructive in a home. An exercised dog, is often a happy dog.....What you will receive in exchange is a wonderful companion who will make your otherwise average family, a step above and beyond.Please do not choose this breed if you cannot make a long-term, vested interest in providing a loving, permanent home. Please visit the A.T.C.A. for established breeders to speak with and please, at all costs refrain from visiting any pet stores or online temptations.http://www.airedale.org/Best wishes,