How do you get dog breath to smell better?

I have a Shih Tzu and her breath just smells awful. We have tried dental sticks/bones and they dont work. How do i get her breath to smell better?

I have a Shih Tzu and her breath just smells awful. We have tried dental sticks/bones and they dont work. How do i get her breath to smell better?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you get dog breath to smell better?...

• How do you get dog breath to smell better?

How do you get dog breath to smell better? General Dog Discussions
      I have a Shih Tzu and her breath just smells awful. We have tried dental sticks/bones and they dont work. How do i get her breath to smell better?

How do you get dog breath to smell better? General Dog Discussions
    • The easiest cure for dog bad breath is brushing your dog's teeth. This can be made into an enjoyable event and is the easiest way to keep your dog's breath bearable. You'll find at your pet store flavored doggie toothpaste and brushes to meet all your needs. Most important is cleaning your dogs mouth should be fun for you and your dog!Here are some dog bad breath home remedies that you might not have considered. Give your dog rawhide, pig's ear or any chewing treats that create lots of chewing action. This helps break the plaque on your dog's teeth. Dog biscuits are not considered good for this.You should consider annual dental checkups for your dog. With older dogs, bad breath sometimes may indicate kidney or liver disease. Your veterinarian will check your dog's mouth for loose and diseased teeth and for periodontal. Good luck! :D