Animal Lovers, do you think it is cruel or unhealthy for people to use dogs to be breathed to make money?

I mean to actually keep a dog to breath other dogs, not just to get pregnet once.

Animal Lovers, do you think it is cruel or unhealthy for people to use dogs to be breathed to make money?

I mean to actually keep a dog to breath other dogs, not just to get pregnet once....
    General Dog Discussions : Animal Lovers, do you think it is cruel or unhealthy for people to use dogs to be breathed to make money?...

• Animal Lovers, do you think it is cruel or unhealthy for people to use dogs to be breathed to make money?

Animal Lovers, do you think it is cruel or unhealthy for people to use dogs to be breathed to make money? General Dog Discussions
      I mean to actually keep a dog to breath other dogs, not just to get pregnet once.

Animal Lovers, do you think it is cruel or unhealthy for people to use dogs to be breathed to make money? General Dog Discussions
    • do you mean breed? are you talking about pet mills? or people that will only breed there dogs, get what they want, and then ship the dogs to the pound, because they are of "no use" to them anymore? if so, i think it is very cruel. I don't understand how people can do that to animals.

• My dogs breathe and I don't get any money for it.On the other hand I am breeding my dog and by the time I have paid for air freight, driving 1500kms and back to collect her, accommodation, health testing, extra food during pregnancy, lactation and weaning, vet costs for the b*tch and 4-10 pups, micro chipping the pups, puppy packs, the puppy run/play pen and the thousand other things I haven't though of yet I doubt there will be much money made.

• i am an animal lover and if a breeder is GIVING puppies to good homes they aren't in it for any gain, but, i don't know of ANY breeder that doesn't make any profit from breeding - do you?does anyone often see ads for free purebred dogs, with excellent health?? no!!!! i suppose it depends if the breeder is doing the 'breeding' properly that counts, ensuring they care for the animal they are breeding from, it's health, its offspring, and finding lifelong homes for the puppies - not over breeding the bitch... if a breeder is willing to spend huge amounts on breeding properly in the first place - their own money, to ensure the breeding and care of the dog - that is a good breeder who deserves to make some profit. if a so called breeder is allowing the dog to become pregnant every season it has, not bothering to do everything necessary to ensure its health is in good shape and that puppies aren't cared for......this is a breeder who is purely out for financial gain, if anyone decides to take up breeding properly - they should prepare for the fact to lose a lot of money - not just make money, as things dont always run perfectly, if a breeder can handle the fact they can lose lots of money from a litter but still do their best for the offspring - finding suitable homes then you have found a good breeder. there is no such thing as a breeder who isn't thinking of the hope to make some money, even just a little....time people were honest!!!