Why did my dog's stool have blood in it?

My dog's stool had blood in it today. Then, just a few minutes later, she threw up a yellow, very thin liquid - looked just like urine. What could this be symptoms of?

My dog's stool had blood in it today. Then, just a few minutes later, she threw up a yellow, very thin liquid - looked just like urine. What could this be symptoms of?...
    General Dog Discussions : Why did my dog's stool have blood in it?...

• Why did my dog's stool have blood in it?

Why did my dog's stool have blood in it? General Dog Discussions
      My dog's stool had blood in it today. Then, just a few minutes later, she threw up a yellow, very thin liquid - looked just like urine. What could this be symptoms of?

Why did my dog's stool have blood in it? General Dog Discussions
    • the first thought is parvo!! it needs to be looked at asap like tonight if he is throwing up bile alredy than he hasnt eatin in while has he been drinking<<<if he hasnt drank in a while he could die real soon usually die within 72 hours of the first symptom they die of dehidration while the parvo dissolves there intestints<<<< one last thhing parvo is usually in unvacinated dogs and small puppies up untill two weeks after second parvo shot

• this could be a lot of different things and only a vet can accurately diagnose her. i suggest taking her in right away, especially if she keeps having vomiting and diarrhea. good luck and hope she feels better soon

• How old is the dog? It can be many things it could have eaten some thing that has made it's belly hurt and could have scratched some thing when it was trying to pass it. If it is a puppy it could have many things parvo being the worst! If it were me I would call my Vet to be safe. It may be nothing but it's better to be safe than sorry. Good luck and I hope your dog feels better soon!!!

• my dog had the same problem she died within 2 days she had gotten a worm that they get from drinking out of mud puddles. If I were you i'd take her to the vet asap

• The first thing that comes to mind is parvo. Did it have a foul odor? Parvo is a very fatal virus. You should get your pet to a vet asap. Symptoms of parvo include weakness, lethargy and after a few days to weeks, it causes vomiting, lack of appetite, very high fever and foul smelling diarrhea often with blood and tissue.

• Either one of these could be a symptom of just about anything. Together, they could be symptoms of several things.So let's see... best case scenario is that it's something transient that'll pass and everything'll be okay.Or it's colon cancer that has occluded her intestines, thus keeping things from passing (hence the vomit, she feels bad), and may have ruptured and bled, thus causing the blood in her stool.Go to the Vet. Get it diagnosed.

• There are several reasons that your dog might have bloody stool. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:Your dog might have cancer; Your dog might have eaten something really sharp which is cutting him/her internally; Your dog might have internal parasites; Your dog might have a viral infection; Your dog might have a small intestine problem; or Your dog might be suffering from an anal sac infection. If your dog has bloody stool, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment. You might want to look closely at the amount of blood because a few drops is ok; You might want to stop feeding your dog bones; You might want to be proactive and not allow your dog to sniff other’s poop; or You might want to make sure that your dog is properly hydrated when you go on a hike or long walk. If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.

• Normal healthy dogs will poop some blood when it's wormy. My dog throw ups clear yellow bile, not urine, when she has an empty stomach. So, take her to the vet for a check up and a good deworming. Also if she threw up early in the day, try feeding her smaller portions of her total food intake at least twice a day with the first feeding in morning after her potty.Wow, I just had a puppy poop some blood and guess what? He had worms; vet treated him and hmmm, no more blood. I know what I'm talking about.

• Get it in the vet ASAP. My dog had parvo, and when they get parvo, they bleed into their stool, I would know i just put my dog to sleep because of parvo, and if its not eating and vommiting then take it in asap, soory to say but your dog could have parvo!