How to train a dog in an apartment?

I live on the second floor. It is possible to take her out - it's just super cold & she weighs only 2 pounds and she just shakes if I take her outside.I have her in the bathroom - she sleeps in the kennel - I leave it open so she can go in & out.Any…

I live on the second floor. It is possible to take her out - it's just super cold & she weighs only 2 pounds and she just shakes if I take her outside.I have her in the bathroom - she sleeps in the kennel - I leave it open so she can go in & out.Any…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to train a dog in an apartment?...

• How to train a dog in an apartment?

How to train a dog in an apartment? General Dog Discussions
      I live on the second floor. It is possible to take her out - it's just super cold & she weighs only 2 pounds and she just shakes if I take her outside.I have her in the bathroom - she sleeps in the kennel - I leave it open so she can go in & out.Any suggestion? I've only raised dogs in houses!I'm using the pads until she gets used to them and them I'll take them outside with me gradually making them smaller and then eventually she won't need them.

How to train a dog in an apartment? General Dog Discussions
    • So what do you want to do? Train her to go outside or train her to go on pads?I personally don't believe in letting dogs pee or poop inside, even if it is on pads. Maybe get a sweater so she's not so cold? But if you want to use pads just google how to use training pads

• I have 2 Danes in an apartment, but when I moved in I asked for a ground level apartment. Train her to do her business outside. You'll just have to take the time to let her out down the stairs. Get on a regular feeding and potty schedule. Literally every hour on the hour until she is housebroken... watch for her signs that she needs to go out, like circling/sniffing/wandering off on her own... then just scoop her up and take her down stairs to go. If you're worried about her being cold buy a jacket