Can breathing in dog urine and feces all day make you sick?

I am 2 months pregnant. I work all day and when I come home my husband has allowed the dog to pee and shit all over the apartment. It smells so bad I vomit while I try to clean it. My husband refuses to get rid of the dog. I hate it and I'm scared it's…

I am 2 months pregnant. I work all day and when I come home my husband has allowed the dog to pee and shit all over the apartment. It smells so bad I vomit while I try to clean it. My husband refuses to get rid of the dog. I hate it and I'm scared it's…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can breathing in dog urine and feces all day make you sick?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can breathing in dog urine and feces all day make you sick?

Can breathing in dog urine and feces all day make you sick? General Dog Discussions
      I am 2 months pregnant. I work all day and when I come home my husband has allowed the dog to pee and shit all over the apartment. It smells so bad I vomit while I try to clean it. My husband refuses to get rid of the dog. I hate it and I'm scared it's hurting my baby

Can breathing in dog urine and feces all day make you sick? General Dog Discussions
    • It can make you lightheaded and sick, very much indeed.Why not train the dog? that way you won't have to get rid of it.you decided to get the dog.you also decided to get pregnant.getting rid of one doesn't always fix it, but if you think it's best...it might be.an untrained dog + a baby just spells disastrous.

• that is NOT an environment you should be in.. your husband is being selfish if he refuses to get rid of the dog then tell him the dog MUST be outside to do its business and you SHOULD NOT be cleaning that up if he wont let the dog out then he should do and it can be harmful to the baby or you if your dogs gets worms its not uncommon for people to accidentally ingest them when it is not cleaned up properly please do something you shouldn't have to be frightened for your baby

• Wow. I'd have to say you have a bigger problem than the environmental one, if your husband doesn't care about this - or you or your unborn child. That's serious, and I hope you will seek out the help of a counselor or abused women's shelter before this goes any further. I could suggest that the dog be crate trained, but it really doesn't sound as if it is that simple. Please- take care of yourself and get out of that situation if it is as it sounds. You deserve to be safe, and cared for.

• Hire a cleaning crew one time and one time only to clean up the apartment. After that, sit down in your clean kitchen and write a cleaning schedule. Your husband will walk the dog 3 times a day or he will have to hire someone to do so. If the dog eliminates in the house, he will be the one to clean it up. If you come into contact with feces with a parasite or infection in it, you could contract said disease, which could prove dangerous for the fetus. If your husband refuses to take care of his dog, he is an irresponsible caregiver and you two need to sit down and have a candid chat about your future together and how much he wants to protect his unborn child. Yes, it's that serious.

• Yes, the ammonia and filth can make you and the baby sick. This is not fair to any of you, including the dog.This dog needs to go where it is not neglected and forced to eliminate and then live in it and your home needs to be reasonably clean, which it isn't, obviously. You can NOT bring a baby home to that!Take the dog to a shelter or rescue and get rid of the husband. Or move out, but, you have to do something now.