6 month old dog has diarrhea, what might have caused this? How long will it last?

I have a 6 month old dog that recently got some diarrhea. She is still very hyper and full of energy and is eating and drinking normal. She is really bad for picking up stuff off the ground on walks so maybe she picked something up. But more recently we…

6 month old dog has diarrhea, what might have caused this? How long will it last?

I have a 6 month old dog that recently got some diarrhea. She is still very hyper and full of energy and is eating and drinking normal. She is really bad for picking up stuff off the ground on walks so maybe she picked something up. But more recently we…...
    General Dog Discussions : 6 month old dog has diarrhea, what might have caused this? How long will it last?...

• 6 month old dog has diarrhea, what might have caused this? How long will it last?

6 month old dog has diarrhea, what might have caused this? How long will it last? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 6 month old dog that recently got some diarrhea. She is still very hyper and full of energy and is eating and drinking normal. She is really bad for picking up stuff off the ground on walks so maybe she picked something up. But more recently we caught her eating some of our cats new urinary food, so could that have caused it? I don't think she is too sick since her behaviour is the same, but it would be nice if the diarrhea would stop.Any thoughts?

6 month old dog has diarrhea, what might have caused this? How long will it last? General Dog Discussions
    • they aren't exactly sick just because their stomach is having a bad reaction to the cats food and because that formula isn't specially made for the dog their reacting badly t o it move the cat food to a place where the cat can get it but the dog cant should this work out like expected about a couple days till its over and the food is out of their system

• Dogs can get the runs from eating all sorts of things -- cat food and "treats" in the litter box are high on the list, and the dog should NEVER have access to that! So are leaves, sticks, snails, grubs, and all sorts of things in the yard. One way to help is to cook some ordinary white rice and mix some in with the dog's regular food -- if you feed the dog 1/2 cup of dogfood, stir in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of cooked rice. (Cook a regular recipe of rice and keep it in the refrigerator, which will be plenty for about 2 days. Dogs love it!) If the dog has the runs for more than 2 days you should call your vet.

• Whenever my dog has an upset stomach I give him a cup of boiled rice. This always seems to do the trick and I never have had a problem with it. Sometimes I like to mix in some cooked chicken with the rice if the upset stomach persists. If diarrhea continues more than two days, you should visit a vet.