My 4 mo. old puppy who is bigger than my older 3 dogs, will bully one over a treat that the other has sitting?

The puppy will bite older dog bringing blood, not good. What do I do?

My 4 mo. old puppy who is bigger than my older 3 dogs, will bully one over a treat that the other has sitting?

The puppy will bite older dog bringing blood, not good. What do I do?...
    General Dog Discussions : My 4 mo. old puppy who is bigger than my older 3 dogs, will bully one over a treat that the other has sitting?...

• My 4 mo. old puppy who is bigger than my older 3 dogs, will bully one over a treat that the other has sitting?

My 4 mo. old puppy who is bigger than my older 3 dogs, will bully one over a treat that the other has sitting? General Dog Discussions
      The puppy will bite older dog bringing blood, not good. What do I do?

My 4 mo. old puppy who is bigger than my older 3 dogs, will bully one over a treat that the other has sitting? General Dog Discussions
    • If this dog is bullying the others over food and treats, it's simple...feed them treats and food seperately so there is no way the puppy can bully them over it, like in there crates or in a seperate room.

• Do not feed them together or leave them alone together in the same room. Get the new puppy a crate to put him in while you are out and shout "NO" very loudly when he tries to bite the other dogs. This should distract him and this behaviour needs stopping. Always feed the three older dogs first and make him wait until last, this includes treats.Hope this helps

• We had the same problem. The puppy comes into the house, and is trying to climb the social ladder. He wants to be the "alpha" of sorts. Most times the older dog will teach the little one a lesson :), but if they are old, or just too nice, to bite back. The solution is going to take a while, and might take different aproaches. When you give them a treat, make the other one sit, by holding the treat out of reach, but within view, and give the other dogs a treat, while still telling the puppy to sit, sit, sit. If the puppy bites, Spray with water, repremand, give time out in kennel, etc. When you repremand the puppy, keep staring right into its eyes. It will see that as you showing that you are the boss. They do that in the wild all the time. That's how they build their rank. If all else fails, take him to a training class :)good luck

• It's a training issue.You need to work with him to (gently) let him know that this is not acceptable behavior.He's trying the alpha dog thing that nature tells him to .Unless he is bigger than you ,you get to dictate.If he is bigger I'd plan to eat out alot.